Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday

Creative title, huh?

Wednesday was Lexi's first day back at school. She said being gone made her realize who her 'true friends' were because so many of them asked when she was coming back. Oh to have such true friends. 

After school came with a familiar "can so and so come over?" On this day it was Ryan and ami because they have several classes together. And they actually did all sit at the island and do home work for well over an hour. 

Lexi was so excited to see the little girls that she willingly went out to Addie's bus stop - only the second time ever doing that willingly, so that was nice. 

I love this picture because Lexi and Ryan were chatting it up (and laughing) with Addie and Frankie and then there's a smiley little d in the background. My little crew. (:
 Wednesday night was bath night. Love the kids, but bath nights lately are a pretty big ordeal. A certain 5 year old gets loose bowels (tmi) when she's in water, so that has caused some issues lately, plus d likes to get out pretty quickly, plus splashing and rowdiness and teasing. 
At least we think they're cute. One of Heavenly Fathers greatest gifts to us (I think) is that every parent see's their children as the cutest. How could we deal with loose bowels if we didn't?
Matt worked the late shift all week and even got a few overtime hours to boot. Fun, fun! 

Thursday is preschool day and since daddy was working late, he was able to stay home with lanes while I dropped off Frankie with Alecia (who then took f and c over to Christina's). Love this big girl. 
They learned all about safety and took a field trip to the firehouse in lusby. 
Addie still talks about when Christina took their preschool group to the firehouse, so Frankie was super excited. 
Preschool is so fun and Frankie is loving learning lately. 
While they were there the fire department got a call so they got to see them load up and leave. I love how Frankie is clinging to Joni's leg! She hates loud noises just like mama. 
Lunch time with some cute kids. 
Thursday was also daisy scouts and Addie was delighted to learn that their meeting was at the yellow door art studio in l-town. Sistah was in heaven. While she was there I went for a nice run downtown leonardtown. I love running in new places, our neighborhood gets so boring. 
Thursday night also brought with it the premiere of hunger games, yay! I didn't organize anything big this year, I just didnt have my act together. I didn't even buy our tickets till Wednesday, so instead of the nice 8 showing we watched last time, we got the 11:40 showing. Horrible pic of me, but it's the only one we took all night. The movie was fabulous and we can't sit till next year! And then I decided when the final one comes out in 2 years I want to go see them all at the theater. I'll eat all the popcorn my little heart desires, it'll be so fun!
We didn't get home till 3:30. Yuck. L and c skipped seminary. I tried to get them up, but I had overslept a few minutes too and I thought, why fight it. It was a tired day for everyone. 

That morning I dropped my girls off at Sarah's and went to help meka paint her old apartment so she can move out. Then I headed back to Sarah's for a birthday luncheon for Liz. It was a fun morning full of friends. 

That afternoon was a laaaazy one. I hardly know what to do withmyself with no Friday night football! Pretty nice though! also little miss "I potty?" wore some underway! She promptly peed in them, but hey! It's a start.
Addie. Loves. Art. 
Anytime. Anywhere. 
Playing iPad with bubba. Priceless. 
And playing daddy's phone with mama. 
She's a little phone genious. But all that starfall playing is paying off. She pointed out a random w, o, and k on some papers Addie had written. Smart girl also sings her alphabet and counts to 14. Look out, Frankie, little sisters catching up to you!


No comments: