Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy thanksgiving!

Alli came to visit us! I picked her up Tuesday night and we had a fun Wednesday making pies and hanging out. I had found this cool turkey cake and I thought alli would be just crazy enough to help me make it. 
It turned out so cute! And surprisingly like the one in the paper. I have to say, it was mostly on account of alli. The first bunch of caramels I rolled out were very difficult, but when alli shaped them into a ball first, super easy. 
We made a ham, mashed potatos, pink fluff, creamed corn, broccoli cheese, green bean casserole, cheese cake, chocolate chip pie, and a caramel turtle pie, and took them over to the McCombs at 2. We aimed for a 2:00 dinner, with a more realistic 3:00 goal and we sat down right at 3. Despite our best efforts, we still have a ton of food leftover!
Our ward has 4 missionaries now! And we got to have thanksgiving with all of them. So fun!
My animal lovers love all animals. That makes sense, right? They loved chasing around Stevie the turtle. 
It's after dinner now, and the big kids are downstairs watching the grinch while the adults and littles (who are too scared to watch the grinch), are watching the nutcracker. Pies are next!

Happy thanksgiving!

No comments: