Saturday, November 2, 2013

St marys county fair

It was the day before the maryland lighthouse challenge and things were busy. And then I got a wild hair to take the girls to the fair. I knew Matt wouldn't have another time to take them, and I was just gonna have them miss it, but I decided to go for it.
Chris was... somewhere (it was a few months ago) and Lexi was home and I begged her to come hang out with us. She wouldn't, drama ensued, it wasn't good. I finally made her come, which wasn't good either and she ended up getting picked up by some friends after about half an hour. Oh these kids.
The rest of us had fun! 
It's not super fun taking 3 littles to the fair without the hubs for the 3rd or 4th year in a row, but tis life.
I debated again and finally got the girls wrist bands. In the end I think it was a good deal, if only for Addie. She probably rode 80 rides if she rode 1.
Even big D rode some rides. I just showed them her wristband and got right on to. $20 for a one year old? Cray, cray.
I love seeing them having fun. Made the drama and craziness totally worthwhile.
Ride maniac!!!
I love our small town fair where church's set up booths and pass out free balloon shapes.
The stinky animals!
She loved it!
The ducklings are always a favorite.
This was when she was going through her Miley Cyrus phase. Oh, picture time? Let me stick my tongue out.
I was taking pictures of then with the big pumpkin when a nice lady asked if I'd like a picture of all of us. I love nice people.
They loved looking at all the displays.
And the kettle corn.
And more rides!
I don't know?
Laney didn't love the carousel, but the other girls did. And I just prayed and focused on not throwing up. I don't do well on rides that go round and round.
I didn't mean to, but we ended up closing the place down. I think we stayed from 4 till 9? I can't remember, but it was a looong time.
Waving at her sissy's.
This was my favorite part of the night. They decided to go through the mirror house. I told Addie "you HAVE to stay with Frankie!"
They went in, and Addie was off. But Frankie was still loving it.
Boom! She runs into a wall. Still smiling.
Boom! Another wall. And she's getting a little worried. By the third wall she'd had it and started to cry. I was sad that she got scared, but oh my, it was so cute and funny to see her walking straight into walls! If I was ever to be a carny, this would be my ride!
Shortly after her harrowing experience she fell asleep. Sweet girl!
Addie was still going strong. All by herself!
Brave and crazy girl!
Started off rocky, but we pulled it out and had a great time. Another year of my love/hate relationship with the county fair comes to an end.

No comments: