Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday

Thanksgiving night alli and I got our toejam and earl on. Worlds oldest video game, but such an oldie but goodie. 
On Friday morning I let the girls join us in the day-after-thanksgiving-pie-for-breakfast tradition. Addie chose turkey cake and killed it. 
Lex and Chris did some shopping, and then alli and I were gonna head out when they got back, but then Alli said she didn't really care to go and that I could go alone, so I did! Wonderful! I didn't get home till almost 5, it was a nice afternoon'o'shopping. 

At 5, alli, Addie, Frankie, and I headed over to Christmas on the Square. Matt stayed home to do homework and since Laney's been so congested he kept her too. The girls checked out the model trains while I waited in line. Little pink hats peeking over the train table. 
We rode on the "hayride," tractor pulled by a wagon. Supah fun and supah cold!
While we rode, alli waited in the horse carriage line. 5th Christmas on the Square and the first one that we actually rode in the horse pulled carriages! Yay for alli!
Of course, Frankie had to go potty right before our turn, so instead of the cute little carriages, we got the big wagon, but it was still pulled by beautiful Clydesdales, so whateva. 
After our two rides we grabbed some pretzels and French fries (dinner of champions) and headed to the tree lighting. 
It was about 30 degrees by that point and I couldn't feel my feet, so after the tree finally lit, (took 3 tries) we headed home. Christmas on the square is one if my fav events, I love our small town. It was probably the busiest years we've been there too. 
After story time laney has been climbing into bed with Addie and saying "I sleep!" and squeezing her little eyes closed. She usually only lasts about 10 minutes, so I just let her. Here they are "sleeping."
And then she headed downstairs with a shell necklace on her head saying "I pretty!"
T'was a delightful Black Friday. 

No comments: