Monday, November 25, 2013

The weekend

Saturday was our RS Super Saturday. It was a lot of work but it turned out really nicely. I made Amanda's butternut squash soup (yum!) and had asked Matt to load it into the car. He also helped me peel and make everything and it was so nice to have someone to lean on. He gets the good husband award lately. Anywho, I started driving and heard glass clunking around, and I didn't see the crockpot, so I got out to look in the trunk and this is what I saw. Boys are so fun!
We had a lot of ladies come out and most finished all their crafts. We did a small service craft, ate lots of yummy soup, (I know, because I tried each and every one of them) learned to make johnna's delicious rolls, and learned all about herbal remedies and living off the land from Mackenzie. She has been in our ward for a month and has now moved on. She and her husband, their 4 children (and one on the way) travel around in an rv for his job, and they live off the land along the way. What a life!
I made 8 holiday trivets (thank you, Sarah!) and this cute vintage bracelet. 
After SS I hit target for some major, super fun couponing. It's been too long, old friend, much too long. Gotta try to make time for a little couponing each week. 

Matt said he again gained a greater appreciation for me and my job at home. A lot of days it really is a choice between being mad and trying to keep everything clean, or having a messy house and peace. Some days I can balance both, but it's not easy. And Matt had a tough time. Greater appreciation for each other is a good thing!

Alexis and Chris went to see hunger games again Saturday night, and they got home super late. We have been counseled to wait up for our children, but then Matt says his parents just had him come wake them up when he got home. So now I do a combo of both, but mostly I wait up, which is no fun. Especially when you are tired and achy, which I was Saturday night. Ahh, the joy. 

Church was wonderful. And cold. We had a high of 32 plus 20 mph wind chill. Yuck. we came home and watched a movie, visited with home teachers, Chris went home teaching, and then we headed to McCombs. 

Our Frankie is not an eater. She's slow, she doesn't love food, she would just much rather drink juice all day. Grace was very sweet with her, she wrote "Frankie frog ray" on a napkin for her to use as a bib and sat with her while she finished her plate. Grace is welcome to come eat with Frankie any day!
Matt and I have been going on nightly runs, except on Sunday when we go for a walk. We decided to bundle laney and take her with us last night, but it didn't go well. 

We put her in a snowsuit (adorbs!), coat, hat, and three blankets. 
She was completly stuffed in her little stroller seat. 
She started making noise, then she'd pull out a hand. By that point it was, like 28 degrees out, so then we'd stop and cover her all back up. Then repeat. We ended up cutting our walk way short and she won't be invited again any time soon. (; we have really enjoyed spending that time together (almost) every night. Also, running is a good stress reliever for some of life's not-so-fun moments. T'was a good weekend. 

No comments: