Friday, July 24, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #36

5 weeks down, 1 to go! We wrapped up our Clovis adventure and time at Nanny’s house. Tomorrow we head east!

I used to love the Crafters Mall! I got all our primitive decor there. I’d go onWc a week and pick up a few pieces each time. 
Proud little New Mexican.

New Mexico sunshine. 

We had to. 
We stopped for lots of little adventures on our way home.

I like kitschy tourist spots. 

Beautiful. 
Our favorite was Pistachioland!

It’s the heart of the desert! We didn’t take the time for the tour, but looking back I wish we had. 
We made it safely back to Texas.
But not before we’d hooked up this New Mexican properly. We stopped at several places before we found the perfect shirt, and she got a bonus hat. She recently outgrew the shirt and it was a sad day for her the first day Frankie sported her NM swag. 

No rest for the fun, we headed straight out to Scenic Drive to add our family lock to the collection.

This is very close to my Alma mater - UTEP. The campus is up on the mountain and is beautiful. 

And v windy. 

It was a really fun trip. 

You can see the Rio Grande and Mexico beyond it behind the girls. 

We used to go to Mexico when people came to visit. We’d go have delicious meals for not much money. As I got older I went to the dentist - she was American and the mom of a friend, but practiced in Mexico, and got my car fixed there. It’s where i received my temple endowments so that teeny temple will always hold a special place for me. Even after Matt and I got married we went across the border to the temple there, but I wouldn’t do that today. Is so dangerous, it’s wild to think that i used for I drive it by myself. 

There’s a new to me park on scenic drive where people leave locks. 

Frankie loved her time at nanny’s house with nanny, Uncle Tom, aunt Bonnie, and their boys. Since they’re so close in age, it’s always different for the girls to have individualized time with people. 

The last of the birthday celebrating crew. 

I can’t remember how Addie won the honor of locking our lock onto the rail. 

It was fun to check out all the locks. 

...Someone dropped... something... and Uncle Tom jumped down, I don’t know, 10 feet? and rescued the dropped item. He’s such a little monkey. 

Give Frankie someone younger than her to love and she’ll be happy. 

My city. ๐Ÿ˜

Mom with her #3 and #6. The babies of both sets of kids. 
This guy is gorgeous. Someday he’ll like me. ๐Ÿ˜‚

And my baby. 

We spent a lot of time out there. 
And we enjoyed a beautiful sunset.

Super fun for east coast girls to explore. 

D stayed close to me. 

And finally, nighttime swimming with Uncle Tom. Uncles are fun!





No comments: