Sunday, July 26, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #39


We said goodbye to the adult kids in San Antonio and headed for more family fun in Houston. Then momma got a lighthouse break. 🤗
Bye for now, Lexi-Lu and Cade too! It’s been so fun spending time with these big grown up kids. I’m thinking adult kids that are also friends is where it’s at.
Laney requested a good old fashioned totem pole. 😂
We heard from all the Texans that Buc-ee’s was a must stop shop, so we had to.
And they were right! Buc-ee’s exceeded all of our expectations! Wawa and Allsup’s got nothing on Buc-ee’s.
We got to Houston, I dropped the gang off, and set out for some solo lighthousing. Ahhhh! The lantern room of the destroyed Galveston Jetty Lighthouse.

I walked all around and tried to figure out the best way to see the lights down there.  
I made it out to the point where I could see the Sabine Point Lighhouse in the distance. Someday I’ll ferry out there, and hopefully they’ll let us climb it then.

Super zoomed in. 
The fresnel lens for the Galveston Jetty LH is on display at the courthouse but it had already closed. 
I decided to peek in the window for a pic anyway, and the nice security guard let me in for a better pic! Adventures in lighthousing, I tell ya! 😂
Back at home we enjoyed tacos and an early birthday cake for Tom. And when you don’t have candles, you improvise. 🎂

And tonight these cute cousins are enjoying a movie night. 🍿

I call this the 10 lion. Years ago I asked Matt to grab me the lion keychain. He was adamant there was no lion keychain. He was like, you mean the 10? I would never have thought that was a 10, ever. But when he said it I could see it. This side is the 10. 

And the lion. It’s all about perspective. 

This is an old one, but I still feel this way. It’s exciting!

My sweet Frankie definitely feels like a fish trying to climb a tree a lot of days. It’s hard. But we can do hard things, so it’s good. 




No comments: