Friday, July 10, 2020

Day #118

Yesterday evening the girls performed The Schuyler Sisters for papa. 

They practiced in the yard, and since Laney plays Peggy and Peggy doesn’t have a huge part, she memorized Aaron Burr’e and did his rap. 

I was smiling ear to ear the whole time, they are so cute we did such a great job. 

Delaney’s face. 

Addie is flexing her singing muscles and she’s for a sweet little voice. 

Blondie cakes too. 

So happy. 

D doesn’t usually wear her blindfold on her eyes, so I thought it was cute. 

We had a family walk and took a card and some house supplies over to the Flippin’s and then visited with our Danish neighbors, the Peterson’s. They are heading back to Denmark on Tuesday and it was nice to chat with them in their yard before they left. 

18 years after receiving my endowment, I finally ordered myself a new temple dress. I had been searching LDS sites and came across some screenshots I had saved, but every dress was out of stock. I found this comfy, stretchy one on amazon for $20 and decided to give it a try. I LOVE it and kind of want to buy one in another color for regular church wear. I miss the temple so much. I can’t wait till I get to be a temple worker. I’m gonna be one that quietly eats mints so my breath stays fresh and one that winks at sister patrons as I go about my work. I always love a wink, but I don’t think I’m quite old enough yet. I’m excited to get there though. 

Emmy got his birthday gift from Grandpa and Mimi, and he took it for a spin. We laughed and laughed when he controlled it himself as he stone faced did backwards circles the whole time. He hasn’t got the coordination down to do anything more than circles, but this baby genius will figure it out soon I’m sure. It also has a remote control, and he loved riding it outside. I can’t believe this sweet guy is going to be 1 in 10 days! Also, Lu and Cade FaceTimed his parents to show them Em’s new toy, and turns out they ordered him one too! Oopsie. 

new carpet prep continues. 

Matt mowed. We read and worked together and watched the Muppet Movie for family movie night. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and thought about how nice it was that I had a choice to get up or go back to sleep. Whenever life gets back to normal, waking up at 6:00 again is going to be rough. Looking for and appreciating the blessings. 

No comments: