Friday, July 10, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #19-22

San Francisco Zoo and a breathtakingly beautiful hike at Land’s End National Park.

For not being the biggest fan of animals, I do love a zoo. I like the atmosphere and being outside, and I guess I do like animals, I can appreciate them, but don’t have any desire to own one. 

It is one of the great tragedies of my girls childhood that they don’t have a climbing tree in our yard. They ❤️ climbing and always have. 

Quinn and I had our power struggles, but of course we love each other. And peacocks. 

Right on the water!
We hope our National Parks will always remain “Parks for all forever.” Also, these yahoos are super cray.
Lands End Lookout - a must see!
Needs no caption.
Golden Gate Bridge! *the kids called it the GGB and kept track of how many times we went over it. I’d love to run it someday. 
And what’s left of the Mile Rock Lighthouse out there all alone.

Such a beautiful park. One of the best I’ve ever been to. 

Summer Day #20

Farmers Market, wedding venue, small country restaurant for dinner, and a movie night.
We picked up some pluots and mariposas. Exciting new fruit!

I took the time while I didn’t have the extra responsibilities and never ending to do lists to resize my wedding ring. I had a size 4, and after having 3 more babies, it fit, but was v tight and it made me uncomfortable - I can’t stand the thought of it being stuck on. I wore cubic zirconia rings for years, and it was so nice to have my real ring back. I love it. 
The kids ran through the hills like they owned the place at the wedding venue.

😍😍😍

Sibs having some quiet time. It was a super fun summer, but also had its speed bumps. We were away from our home and Matt, but Max and Quinn also had 4 crazies descend on their quiet house and kind of take over. 
Cute little biker restaurant where we ate dinner. 
Howie came over and he is sooo popular.
And finally a movie night with some extra friends. These summer days! ☀️πŸ–πŸ•Ά

Summer Day #21
Icees and candy from the movie theater! These 3 experienced some new highs at the movies!
We left home 3 weeks ago so we’re officially halfway through with our great summer adventure 2018.
Another summer fun package brought dress up fun.

The summers are so temperate there, they pretty much leave their back door open all the time. We spent tons of time outside. 
They’ve been talking about taking a train since we got here, so tonight we made all their dreams come true. #Caltrains

We got to sit on this upper level and the kids ran up and down the stairs to switch sides lots of times, which I’m sure all the commuters really appreciated. 
Giants game! My third major league park experience. - my first, and most frequent experience was at Safeco Field to see our mediocre Mariners. We loved going to the games and getting delicious hot dogs with cream cheese and garlic fries. We had shirts and hats and it brings such happy memories. Then right after we moved here we got free tix to see the Orioles in Baltimore. We’ve only been once, and then never to a Nats game which is the absolute lamest. 

We picked up some baseball goodies at the store before we went in, but we had to get a few delicious treats in the park. 

We let the kids play at their little kid area.
Giant bobble head for the win! Tourist pose for the double win!

I have a firm policy that I stay till the end of games, but this game when on sooo long!

Flossing cousins are the best! East Coast and West Coast floss being represented up in here! - I shared a Boomerang of the kids flossing, but for the sake of the blog, just this shot. 

Too much partying makes for some tired kiddos. Squeezed in tight next to strangers. 

Little Miss John Lennon on the train ride home.
We left at the top of the 11th inning still tied 1-1. We had some very sleepy kiddos. The Giants finally pulled it out and won at the bottom of the 11th. Rooting for the home team paid off.



No comments: