Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Day #130

Another super hot day. We did a lot of cooking which made for a lot of dishes. Delaney and I made granola while addie and Delaney made double chocolate zucchini bread. Then Alli and I made a yummy salad with strawberries, feta, candied walnuts, and a lovely vinaigrette. All of our efforts were tasty. 

After lunch Alli took the girls to the pool. We’re not supposed to have guests at the pool, so I wasn’t sure about us going together, but Alli kind of wanted to go, so it worked out pretty well. I was able to make some RS calls. It’s so hard not to be able to make visits and there are so many lonely sisters. Have I mentioned how nice it is having Alli around? Another adult to share the nonstop load is pretty sweet. Pizza making part 2 happened tonight. At 5 addie stretched her dough and then let it rest for a bit. 

We got another cool storm tonight. It was supposed to be a biggin and there was lots of rumbling thunder. Addie wanted to get a picture of some lightning so she texted papa and read through the user manual. She sent this pic to papa. And then it was kind of a dud. We did get some wind and heavy rain for a bit. Not a ton of lightning, really more thunder than anything. 

Alli threw her cards at me while shuffling and I had my phone in my hand. Also, don’t mind the mess. 🤷‍♀️

The pizza smelled so good, and Addie followed along with Bishop Darrow’s cooking show so diligently. She’s timid on the zoom activities, but I know she enjoys them. 

We shared our pizza love on our ward page. That was some good pizza! Addie said it was a lot of work, but she’d make it again. 

Delaney has been wearing her blanket from Ellie around the house so we sent her a picture thank you. It’s always nice to see people using you tier. 

We had mandatory family fun and played Disney Code Names, which didn’t turn out to be very fun because each girl took turns pouting at different points on the game. The Matt, Alli, and Delaney team beat the Frankie, Addie, Michele team 2-1, but mostly because my team guessed the assassin 2 times in a row. 🤦‍♀️

More memes I’ve saved. 

And something to remember. .

I love this. And also Sister Beck’s teaching that if we want to know how much Heavenly Father loves us, to go out and serve. Such a perfect plan, I don’t know why I’m ever surprised. 

I pray all my kids hear only the positives. I think if we are honest with our mistakes and keep trying everyday they will. At least that’s what my first experiment (alexis) says. 



No comments: