Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Day #128 and #129

We’re in the middle of the dog days of summer. It is so hot and humid. Even at night. 

I found a bunch of these on my phone. We all love Tenkor. 

Laney really loves Alli. D is sometimes unimpressed with people, but she’s taking a liking to Alli and it’s so cute. She loves playing games with us and I came down from tutoring today to the two of them playing double solitaire. 

Matt sprained his ankle the other day, so he’s been doing ice baths a couple times a day. We happened to have a nice brace, so he didn’t have to go to the dr. And our house is a doggo visiting mess. 

Alli took the girls to Target and they were so excited. I was able to clean the kitchen and make some RS calls in peace. 

Dad came over and we had deluxe subs for dinner. I’m an everything and then some on it girl, so my subs are pretty messy. 

All day I was looking forward to our 7:30 girls night for Chelsea, Nola, and my birthdays. Our first Covid girls night! It was still so hot that we came up with the idea to have it at Joni’s pool since they are in Idaho. It was so lovely to sit spaced out around her pool and have girl talk. 

One funny thing - apparently Frankie teases Delaney by hiding lovey. Idk exactly what happened because I wasn’t home. All I know is that at 1:30am, D texted me this:

“Mommy it’s Delaney,And I’d like you to come home soon cuz I had lovey,put her somewhere and now I can’t sleep or find her.”

😬😩😬😩 What are we gonna do with this girl? She stayed up till 1:30, and when she heard Matt get up and go to the bathroom, she came in, grabbed his phone, and texted me. I can’t even. I also found this picture, along with a video of her singing “Into the Unknown” that was taken at 10:30 and shared from my iPad to my phone. She’s a hot mess and we’re gonna have to make some serious changes before school starts. 

Everyone brought individual serving size snacks to share and Sarah G brought fun drinks. 5 of us stayed visiting till 3:45am. 🀷‍♀️ Every time I tell myself i won’t stay ridiculously late. But then I get 2nd and 3rd winds, and driving home is such a pain. It was soooo nice to visit in person. We talked about all the things and it was great. 

I fell asleep at 5 and woke up at 9. It’s 9pm right now and I’ve pulled an all-dayer, so I’m pretty proud of myself. I tutored ruby and Frankie and we played some more games. Alli and I went shopping and then I hit a wall. So everyone fended for themselves for dinner. Matt took the girls to the pool at 5 when Alli and I went to the store, and they ran into bubba walking the dog for the family he’s house sitting for, and he sent me this. Those shades. πŸ™„ Unfortunately there was lightning and they never did get to swim, but Matt turned the sprinklers on for them and everyone had fun. 

The youth had a pre-activity tonight. Bishop makes the most delicious pizza, and supposedly Brother Tripp does too, though I’ve never been able to verify this, and I’d like to. So tonight they started the dough for delicious pizza for tomorrow. 

We’re pretty stoked to try it. 

The impending storm cooled things down, both tonight and last night, and everyone spent time playing outside. Matt love play wrestling with Tenkor. 

Tonight we’re watching Abominable, there’s and awesome lightning storm going on, and  I’m half asleep. 

No comments: