Sunday, July 12, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #25

Have you been wondering all day if any of your friends were dumb enough to get involved in the Build-a-Bear fiasco? 🙋‍♀️ Look no further.
We arrived at 9:30 for a 10:00 opening. From the get go we were hanging with several thousand of our closest friends.

A few hours in and not super close. But by that point we were already committed. There was no turning back.

Picking out our stuffies, 5 hours in.

We were pret-ty done. See how done we were? I’m no marketing pro, but this whole thing was a fail. For most of the time they had only one register going. (ONE)

2020 commentary. Oh that day! I can’t even explain how jay came over me. It was so ridiculous, but I couldn’t leave. 

We played games in line and it was pretty relaxed on account of the million children running around. 

I hadn’t brought my crew any snacks on account of thinking we wouldn’t be that long. Or maybe I did bring some snacks but not lunch? I left a few kids in line and bought us some Auntie Annie’s, which are a fav. Why don’t they have a freestanding store? I’d go for sure. 

None of this crew had ever been to BaB, and none will probs ever go again, so maybe it was worth the wait?

And lest I ever forget, the deal was pay your age. So Laney’s bear was $6, Frankie’s $8, and Addie’s $10. 

They had fun building their bears and everything was very cute. 

Delaney actually still plays with hers. $6 well spent. 

Natural smile. 

But all’s well that ends well, and after 6 hours we 6 happy crazies left the mall with our stuffies.
6. hours. SIX!

I’m not sure why I would have hit up Costco after the build a bear fiasco, but I did and i feel like I should have been the one burying my head in the pillows. 


No comments: