Saturday, July 11, 2020

Day #119

Papa and Laney played a game of chess. D’s a sassy little player, but she hasn’t won yet. 

Matt and I tackled our closet. We officially finished painting the last of our ceilings and I couldn’t be more excited about it! The girls took their mattresses downstairs and their rooms are officially ready for new carpets. 

I love freshly painted walls (and trim and ceilings) but i have not missed painting. It’s not that bad, it’s just been a long journey. 

Emmi loves being outside and he loves his birthday gift!

Addie is writing a long story. It’s really good, she’s a creative little author. One thing that was funny is that she incorporated pop tart day into her story. The girls love pop tarts, they’re garbage, but they’re fast and easy garbage, so I let them eat one a week, usually Sunday, which also helps Matt get everyone to church on time. As parents we can teach our kids any weird thing and it becomes normal to them. That’s a big deal, and I hope the more important things were instituting in our family stick as much as pop tart day has. 

More screen shot wisdom that I want to delete from my phone but also want to remember. This is so good! 👇🏻 I remember when I was first called as relief society president that Jodie told me other people’s poor planning was not my emergency, and I really thought that was harsh. And then I went around the block a time or 2, including, but not limited to taking a sweet sister to the hospital during Mother’s Day dinner, and then having her refuse treatment and going back to take her home. It’s just, boundaries are important. 

Seeking to be more holy. 

💕💕💕

I was a little unsure of my recent personality test. The extrovert part had been bothering me and I wondered if it was just because I miss people because of Covid. And then I found these results from a test Christian had sent me last year and so I guess it’s not just Covid. 🤷‍♀️

I love Sister Prejean. When people are in prison they are introduced and known by their crimes, it’s the first thing we want to know. I can’t imagine my worst mistakes being what people know of me and judge me by my whole life. 

And this resonates especially right now. 



No comments: