Sunday, July 5, 2020

Day #113

Matt and I stayed up way too late rewatching 13th and eating  ice cream. We’d pause it and talk and before we knew it, it was 1am. Oops. 

I was wondering where we were on 4th of July’s of yore, so i did a deep dive on this here blog. I love my blog for figuring out what was going on when. This was at our first reunion in NC. Amy has gotten all the girls matching shirts, but they were having none of our shenanigans. I love how Addie is trying to corral a few of them in the bottom picture and how Frankie is on a kamikaze mission just to get out of there. A bunch of funny and silly drama.  

And some Chantell pictures from camping.  

Evan teaching fire safety?

Pre hike. We went almost 4 miles and it was 90 degrees and Delaney’s legs were “burning” from the start so you can imagine how fun everyone was. It’s a good thing they kept each other company. 

We hiked an exercise trail and Frankie decided to assist Evan. 

And Evan assisted Delaney. See “burning legs” comment above. 

5 fun cousins. The age difference is a lot now, but someday won’t be anything. I hope they’ll be best of friends. 

Love this chic!

They all oohed and aaahed about the cute beach boardwalk and I cannot wait to take them to the real beach in North Carolina or Florida. 

D is spoiled. 

The big kids rented paddle boards and were very sweet to take the littles out for rides. 

Our girls are such water girls, they probably could maneuver on their own. 

But since they aren’t old enough for rentals, they sat and got paddled  around. 

And then on Friday the dads came to the beach with us. These are out of order, but this is an example of how my girls aren’t the best silly shotters. They jump and run and disappear and that doesn’t make for the best group silly shot.

Room to improve. 

Here’s the one normal. 

I happened to check Insta for something and found that cute Cade shared this of his unit. He’s right in the middle. Lu said they had a cookout and it was fun to get all together. 

There were several drones flying around during the fireworks, and they shared this fun shot of the green. What a cool neighborhood we live in.  

As for today. We had our zoom Sunday school at 10, and then Addie had hers at 10:30. We watched some fun acapella church music, my fave was a folksy guitar version of I’m trying to be like Jesus, and then had our sacrament meeting. We talked about why we fast, the best ways to fast, and ideas of things to fast for. It’s an extra set aside time to teach truths and is so special. I love our ward family and there is something really sacred about singing and partaking of the sacrament together, but i will really miss at home sacrament when we go back to church. 

Our ward missionaries have been struggling. A Covid mission is not normal and caught all of us off guard and I have not supported our precious elders the way I should have. Because we let things slip, we are having to do a lot of work to get things back on track, so I’ve spend a lot of time working on that the last few weeks, and have been attending the weekly correlation meetings as a support person. 

Matt and I snagged a quick Fast Sunday nap between my missionary meeting and ward council. Lots of good counseling. Matt made dinner - sooo nice and I’m so happy daddy Sunday dinners are actually happening. We had our couples fireside with Sister Oliver at 6. We’re pretty much besties, so we hopped on early to chat and make sure everything was in order. Every time I interact with a counselor i am convinced I should go back to school and start counseling. And then that wears off and I’m not sure again. 🤷‍♀️ I thought the fireside was fabulous and Matt and I had lots to talk about during, and will continue after. 

I taught Delaney and Frankie how to make boxed brownies and then we watched Toy Story, which Delaney swears she’s never seen. 🙄 needless to say, they loved it because it’s amazing. 



No comments: