Saturday, July 11, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #23-24

Tuesday Summer movie and library day. Then a big surprise for me! I found this fun 2018 picture of Chris and crew, and I always love a good bubba picture. 
I can’t believe it, no pouting! I got them all posing!
There it is, there’s the pout. It’s never gone long. These little readers finished their first library reading program of the summer!
When everybody got off work they had a surprise scavenger hunt birthday celebration for me! It was SUCH a surprise because the kids had been reassuring me all day that there were to be NO surprise parties that night, or any night. 😂
... I guess this is for me now...
I found clues and gifts all around Redwood City. The Jen Hatmaker collection, hooray!
The party was so fun and even though I was tipped off just a little, there were lots of sweet surprises along the way. This old lady is feeling so loved!
7/11! Today was a fun beach and free slurpee day!

The first few weeks of our California stay were filled with camping, getting used to each other, and running errands like fixing the vans seatbelt, California inspection, etc. Then before I knew it, we were halfway through and we hadn’t spent nearly enough time at the beach and no time lighthousing. So we got serious. On this day we headed down to Half Moon Bay (I’m 90% sure, but it was 2 years ago)  Little did I know that finding a swimming beach at HMB is not the easiest thing to do. Our first few stops were no go’s. 

We got help from a city worker and found a place to frolic in the freezing water complete with chilly air temp. 

They’d play in the water, then warm up in the sand, and repeat. 

Max fell asleep for awhile. He laid on the towel and then let me cuddle with him as he woke up. 

Happy, happy, happy.
We stopped off at a cute surf shop to find a fun souvie for daddy. 🤫
And on the way home we stopped at a vista lookout just for funsies.

2-Live Crew!

It was pretty, but I’m pretty sure there was a drug deal going on, so we didn’t stay long. 
We love free slurpee day and this gang did it right! We hit 7-11 on our way to the beach and our way home from the beach. Free slurpees for er’rybody!l all day long!





No comments: