Monday, July 27, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #40


We said goodbye to family (again) and hit adventure after adventure! New Orleans kinda night!
Wish we lived closer to all the cousins! They love each other! (even Zachary who just doesn’t know it yet!)

Just a couple of cousins. 

Almost exactly 11 years between my baby brother and me. 
Nothing says family like bad pictures on a park bench. 😂

Our mom doesn’t always like her picture taken, but she was good about it this trip.  And i love this one. 💕

Back on the road. Pretty sure we listened to Percy Jackson. 2018 was the summer of Percy. 

We love gas station photo ops. And Lady Liberty. 
There was a big wreck on I-10, so we detoured to 90 and, lemonade out of lemons, got to see this cute little lighthouse. Never mind that it took us an extra 2 hours, it’s the little things.

This is such a cute little light. It was a nice pit stop to stretch and walk all around her. 

Still a mess. 

I got my fill of this little red beauty and we were off to New Orleans. 

I had read a Readers Digest article about places to eat in different cities throughout the country and surprisingly - or maybe not because I do remember food - remembered it. 
We rolled into the Big Easy with just enough time to grab world famous Hansen’s Sno-Bliz.
And look who met us there?! Auntie Alli!
From there our food tour of New Orleans continued with Morning Call Cafe’s delightful beignets.

We played at City Park until Delaney, who’s been complaining off and on of not feeling well, decided she really didn’t feel well. And then Addie threw up. Twice. Always, always an adventure!

Addie felt better after her second sick, so we played for awhile. 

New Orleans is such a cool city. Loads of problems, but so beautiful. I mean, look at this tree!
Yumma!

Feeling better, thankfully. 

We ate snacks and beignets for dinner, maybe that’s why we had sad tummies? 

Now I’ve had beignets from Cafe Du Monde and Morning Call. I also had a YW leader from Louisiana who taught me to make them, and 2020 Alli and Michelle are going to air fry some soon. 😋



No comments: