Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine parties

Yesterday we partied all day. Thankfully Frankie didn't throw up any more, and neither did anyone else. Hallelujah!

Since Matt was doing his test pilot school, I didn't expect him to be home on Friday, but they finished early, so he was. Hallelujah!

Our first party of the day was Addie's valentine brunch. They had fruit kabobs, mini muffins, yogurt, and juice. It was fun to be able to go help without my tagalong crew. (they stayed home and daddy gave them a bath to wash away all the germies)
Then they did a fun craft. Fun times in the first grade. As a sidenote, Addie had been a little nervous to pass out pictures of herself, (even though she'd chosen them, she didn't want people to make fun of her) but I am happy to report that everyone loved her cards. Hallelujah!
Daddy had taken the little girls to the baldwins for a valentine playgroup and then I met them there. He's a good guy. (: we had a good time eating cupcakes and making crafts (laney loved the crafts!) and hung out there until it was time to get Frankie ready for school. She was a little tired after having just been sick, so I let her stay with me until it was time for her party. I wanted something healthy for their party snack to counteract the sugar and candy, so we went with fruit kabobs too. In my defense, I had been eyeing those even before I knew Addie's class was doing them. It was cute and always fun to be in the class with them. 
After a whole day of partying we still had a big night of fun ahead! Hallelujah!

No comments: