Saturday, February 28, 2015

He's 17!

Our boy turned 17 on Thursday. Wowza!
For the first time ever, he got a snow day for his birthday. He was stoked! Since he wasn't at seminary to get his birthday breakfast from sis Krugman, I made him his choice of chocolate chip pancakes. And just like I did when they were wee ones, I made it in his initial. I'll be doing that till I leave this green earth, rest assured. (;
It snowed steadily all morning and we got a few inches of flaky prettiness. No complaints here!
Since Matt left for work early and Chris went to shovel someone else's driveway, I thought I'd have to shovel, but these two took care of it for me. Seriously, they walked all over it and made it all slushy and it was perfect by the time we left. Add to that an awesome neighbor with a snow machine thingy and I was in luck!
The snow day worked out swimmingly because we took advantage of okadas lunch prices for our traditional birthday hibachi. 
We.love.it. 
Of course, brenna joined us. (:
The girls use chopsticks. Sort of. 
Frankie and Delaney only wigged once when our fire flamed high, and D once when our companions across from us did. That's pretty good for us!
We killed it in the shrimp catching. Chris, brenna, Addie, Matt and I caught at least one shrimp and Frankie was close. Laney the wet blanket declined the privilege of trying. 
LOVE Frankie's face there! 
So ready!
Happy birthday, baby boy!!!
We got him a new phone. Easy present. 
Brennas grandparents are so sweet and gave him a gas card. Perfect gift for little cheapie who tries to make his gas last each week till cheap gas Thursday at Shell. (;
I am happy to report that Frankie has finally been forgiven for magics untimely demise. (:
We had "better than shopping cake" and gave bubba his gifts. 
I let the girls pick $1 gifts for him since he'd gotten his big gift of a phone. 
He was so sweet and acted totally stoked with each little gift. 
The girls had wrapped them themselves, so they loved it. I'm glad when they enjoy giving to others. 
C&b enjoyed some grey's anatomy and then he took her home. It was a fun day and I'm pretty sure he had a happy day. 2/6 of my birthday crunch down!

No comments: