Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Maze runner

Sometimes it feels like I am a maze runner. Running through the same maze again and again. Good thing I love my cage. (;

We had a day'o'errands yesterday. First stop: library!

It's always a fun production.  
Everyone helps. We love our library!
we got there right before they opened so we had time to check out the flags and mums. We also had the whole joint to ourselves for awhile. 'Twas awesome. 
After we did our musical instrument scavenger hunt, Frankie sat down and hummed as she perused some books. I love little humming girls. (:
Then Delaney sat me down at a different table and served me dinner. She's a little organized OCD girl. 
She had all the colors just right and searched and searched for the missing flatware. Then she put the right colored bean bag for each plate as the entree. There was a lady that came up to me and said she didn't mean to be creepy but she was just fascinated watching how precise Delaney was. It was cute. 
And don't forget the salt and pepper. She's quite a good little hostess. 
From there we stopped by Lisa's to pick up lexi's scriptures she'd left there. Don't ask. We stayed for a minute to hug and comfort. It's been interesting to compare and contrast as I sent my firstborn and she sent her baby off to school far away. Neither is easy. Just different. 

Next up was target where I fixed some couponing errors from my Saturday visit. Coupons can be stressful business. Conference snacks to send to lex and we were off to the post office. These two are not always fun to run errands with. It can be like herding cats. They are just smart, energetic girls that like to explore and laugh loudly. Unfortunately not everyone thinks they're as cute as I do, and I'm quite certain their running and laughing can get pretty annoying for other errand runners. 

I try to come up with creative things to keep them occupied. Like taking a picture to send to sissy to tell her ythat her package is on it's way. Laney literally turned around and walked straight away from me. And franks did this:
After the post office there was PTA business at the school and then PTA business at the bank. And then finally home. 

We met Matt at gymnastics and Chris and I headed out on our date. We stopped at the Waldorf mall for some belated school clothes shopping and then to a 6:30 showing of the maze runner. We read those books together years ago, so we were so excited to finally go see it! We were running late (surprise!) so Chris went to get seats while I got the popcorn refill. (we have a system) when I went in the theater to meet him, he wasn't there. I walked out and after a minute saw him come out of a different theater. He'd gone into the wrong showing of our movie! He was like "mom, I saw the end!" It was so funny! Silly boy!

Matt sent this to let me know all girls were home and accounted for. Lil' miss was the only one who'd pose for a picture. Love the pose, love the pb on the leotard, love her. 
Today was another fun gymnastics morning. A quick stop at Wally, a quick stop home (we forgot it is tennis shoe Tuesday!) and we dropped franks off at school. School selfies while we waited. 
She whispered in my ear for like 5 minutes straight. Tickling little whisperer!
Delaney fell asleep in the car and woke up when we got home. I tried every weapon in my arsenal - milk, stories, laid with her, let her play in her bed while
I sorted laundry, nothing worked. She was awake for the afternoon. And you know what that precious angel did? She went up to put something away in Addie's room and stayed quietly playing for an hour. 
Sweet girl!!!
Potty training is... going. Not going well, but going. 
For dinner I made Asian chicken salad. The girls picked out the sunflower seeds, almonds, chicken, and ramen. I said "Addie, since you like all of those things separately, is it possible you might like them all together?" It was not. 

Tonight I am blogging from the comfort of cold bleachers watching the SMALL (st marys American little league) Rays take on some other SMALL team. We lost. I froze. And it was only 73! That's not cold! Not ready for winter!!!

No comments: