Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fair!

Annual day off for the county fair! We met up with a big group of friends for 7 hours of fun!

We got there and before we'd even met our friends the girls had to ride something! So we did!
All except this little cutie. (: she decided she'd sit this one out...
Then laney wanted to ride the horse carriage. 
I love that Addie's been putting her arm around people lately. She's such a little nurturer. 
Happiness!!! This became Laney's favorite ride!
Happy mama heart. (:
Someone didn't want to ride this ride either. I was thinking we were gonna be in for a long day. 
But then this stud showed up and she was suddenly brave!
We love us some Landon! And I love how smooth laney is here with her arm out the jalopy in the junction. 
Johnna suggested we ride the Ferris wheel early before the lines got crazy long. Since miss brave pants now had her friend that's a boy with her, she decided she'd like to ride it with him. I rode with Curtis and Katie since Addie and laney declined. Sweet christianna with a car full of littlins. 
Sweet froggy! She clung to the side of the car the whole time, just like her mama.  
Abby's auntie Lauren was there, and she wanted to take the girls in the fun house, so Addie and laney went in. Laney loved the mirror hall and she did so good! Much better than poor Frankie did last year! Lanes ran straight into the wall at one point, but no tears, just smiles. Lanes liked it so much that she went back and forth several times. (rule breaker!) I had told Addie to stay with her, and then I see Addie ready to go down the slide! I told her to go back for laney, and that's when they went back and forth through the hall. Addie finally persuaded laney to go down the slide and I waited for her at the bottom. Poor baby! The slide got away from her. 
Addie said "she hit her head twice!" Addie loved it! Haha!
I love how happy those silly rides make them! I could stay all day just to see these smiles. 
We had lunch with Sarah, Cassie, and Alecia, but Johnna and crew weren't ready for lunch so Frankie chose to go with them. Then when we were done, they were ready to eat, so we didn't see her much. That's ok because she had so much fun. 
We rode and rode and rode. Our friends left and we still rode. We finally had just a few tickets left so I let them each chose a ride. Favorite! I think Addie was done with this ride. 
We finally got Frankie back!
Then Addie wanted to ride this guy. Laney was like "sure!" (More like "shoow!")
As soon as it started though she knew she'd made a mistake. 
Hilarious and sad faces! And Addie was being so sweet with her, totally had her arm around her and telling her it would be ok, but then when I thought to take pics she was praying?
Love.it.
Addie really wanted to play a game. I have a strict "no game" policy, but Frankie played a game with Johnna, so I relented. We looked around for a game, and ultimately she settled for a cotton candy instead. We opted for the giant one. (:
Yummm. 
So sticky. Before we left I washed about 2 pounds of cotton candy off everyone!
Another fun day at the fair!

No comments: