Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Activity day girls temple trip

In July I was able to take 6 activity girls plus 1 junior A day girl to the temple. Addie and Frankie stayed at Aina's. (:

We met up at our house around 9 and headed up! First we ate our picnic lunch. Little miss got her feathers ruffled by something and pouted on the steps.
We went into the visitors center and had a tour from the sister missionaries, watched a video, and sat at the feet of the Christus to listen to the recording. After that we walked around and laney said "look at the broken Jesus!" Little ones have such a precious little understanding!
Then we walked around the temple and found a quiet spot to sit and talk. I bore my testimony and told them some stories about the temple. Then I gave them their journals and a few minutes to write their feelings or testimonies about the temple. It was a really sweet and special day. 
Then we walked around to the front again. One of the girls had to go to the restroom and when I told her she could go into the temple she about flipped! Then of course they all had to go. I let them go one at a time and the rest of us walked around the beautiful grounds and enjoyed the flowers and fountains. They felt so grown up and special to go into the temple!
They were mowing the grass, so it was loud. (:
After that we were almost out of time, so we went back into the visitors center where the girls played in the little house. 
The junior A days girl got in on that action too. 
It was a fabulous day! I got pictures of my girls too, but they are on my big camera, so I will have to dig them up soon!

No comments: