Thursday, September 4, 2014

Today

It was a long day. In addition to all my normal day-to-day duties, I had several PTA responsibilities. Thankfully Lexi was home, so I was able to leave laney with her, and grandpa and I (grandpa's here!) headed out for an afternoon'o'errands. 

First to the school to pick up checks and make copies. Then cvs to pick up rx and travel things for g-pa. Then to drop off at thrift store. Then to deposit PTA money's. Then to the post office for PTA stamps. Then to the commissary for our family and PTA. Oh that PTA. 

Lexi and I planned dinners for every night that she's here. Except that tonight was one of her chosen dinners, but she didn't eat with us. :/ oh well. All I can do is try. 

Anyways, I was shopping for that dinner stuff, and also to pick up 21 gallons of ice cream, 6 whipped creams, and 6 cases of water for our ice cream social on Friday. By the time we left the commissary, it was after 4 and we had been out since just after 12. I was starting to feel stressed because I had to take all that ice cream to the school, unload our groceries, get Addie to Girl Scouts by 5:30, go with Lexi to the eye dr at 5:15, and get Chris to the church by 7. And it was hot, so that adds to grumpiness. 

We dropped off the groceries and put away the cold stuff, then as Chris and I headed to the school, matt called. He had met up with us to take his dad out while I shopped, and when he got back to work something had happened. There were police all over, and they'd put up white sheets to shield the scene in the parking lot. It was right were Matt parks, just 15 spaces away, and a baby had been left in a car and died. So devastating. It's been forefront in my mind all evening. I think it's just such a tragic accident. I feel very blessed to be able to hug my babies tonight. And just like that, my long day doesn't seem so long after all. 

Grandpa was able to take Addie to Girl Scouts. Chris and I were able to unload all the ice cream quickly and easily. We met up with Lexi for her appt, and all was well. And this chic got to try on some cute glasses. 
"The purple one with the hawts." 
Frankie Potter! 
Laney refuse to try any on until the very end. I absolutely love and am grateful for this goofy baby girl. (And all my goofy kids, you know)
Cuddles lasted a little longer tonight. 
Praying this poor family feels the comfort they so desperately need. 

No comments: