Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last few days

These two got to go visiting teaching with me and I was reminded yet again why i don't like to do that. They are little and like to climb and explore and talk. Vt companions, they are not. 
For 6 days now Addie has been a diligent little pianist. She's also a diligent little reader. The last few weeks she's been taking her easy reader and dr Suess books into bed with her for some nighttime reading. This day she woke up early and got right into some hop on pop action. So glad she loves to read!!!
I look like morning hit me with a 2x4, but Addie is so darn precious! Love this big girl she is becoming! Her words, her actions, the things she thinks about, she is really maturing and it's pretty awesome. (:
This is why I am freakish about locking the doors at all times. 
Someone trying to come into the house? Holy cow, no thank you. 

We had Ellie over for kid swap on Thursday and she was loving her some Nutella. But who doesn't? Other than Joseph that is. 
These two played pretty nicely together. for 2-year-old girls. They wouldn't smile for a picture to save my life, but they were pretty sweet to each other. 
On Friday Sarah kept our girls for our free day. It was also matts cws and it was a most delightful day. We went for a run, took a nap, and cleaned and organized a bit too. We almost went to a matinee but the nap won out. Matt hasn't been feeling too hot, so I didn't push him too hard. (:

I actually got my wood floors and two bathrooms cleaned! I got the schools grant signed and given to them. And I went through 2 piles of papers. It feels so good to get some things done. I've been in a major rut lately of just barely keeping my head above disgusting house water, but we're coming back! Might just be coming up for air, but we're coming!

As if the quiet day with just my honey wasn't good enough, I had two lovely visitors Friday night. Matt went to lowes and to pick up the girls, and while he was gone wade and Jodie brought the thumb drive of our awesome family pictures. and then while we were talking on the porch neighbor Peter brought over this beautiful sushi platter! Wade, Jodie, and I all tasted it before I brought it in and it was supah yummy!
Pictures of Delaney and Frankie's day:
I had every intention of picking Frankie up mid day and taking her to school. I had to drop off the grant money anyway, so it would have been perfect. But when we told her she could either stay home or go to Aina's she was all like "I'm going to Aina's and I'm flipping school today." Except she doesn't actually say flip, but we think it's awesome so we all do. 

Love these exploring girls!
When Matt picked the girls up, Addie begged to stay and play, so they stayed for awhile. Sarah and I decided the big girls needed big girl playtime, (Addie actually asked to flip school one day and make Frankie go) so Abby came over today. 
They played together famously, even when crystal joined them. 

I had a frustrating target and commissary trip. Hate when that happens. 

Tonight was the general relief society meeting. It was really good. They basically said GO TO THE TEMPLE RIGHT NOW AND DONT EVER STOP AND GO AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN. a lot of great speakers and quotes too. 

My favorite was sister marriott who actually admitted to being a natural woman. It was so refreshing to hear his mighty woman of God admit to being prideful and having faults. I feel like the poster child (woman) for natural women, I struggle to overcome myself every day, so it was wonderful to hear that she did, and is. She also said that a mothers influence (might I add for good or bad) can have a stronger effect on her children than any other force. I am paraphrasing here (and not very well) because i forgot my journal to take notes. I picked up sister Mesmer and was rushing cause I didn't want to be too late. 

I so enjoy getting to know people that I normally wouldn't. She is a great-grandmother and I am just a (youngish) mama in the thick of it. I an enjoying hearing all of her stories. 

While I was at the meeting I got this message from lex:
Awwww! Every once in awhile I get this pang of missing her. This one was a little more than a pang. We text chatted for awhile and I think she felt better. It's ok to text chat during women's conference if your babies need you. I mean, it's pretty much the same thing as nursing your crying baby. Only different. (;

When I got home from church I jumped on the computer to meet my 10 hour work minimum for the week. And I vowed that I no longer want the norm to be 11th hour Saturday night marathon work sessions. I will finish my hours earlier in the week. I will overcome you, natural woman!!

All in all it's been a wonderful weekend. And I am super looking forward to a relaxing Sunday. Hahahahah, a girl can dream. 

No comments: