Sunday, October 5, 2014

fall with a vengeance

it was 36° when I woke up this morning! first frost of the season. I am not ready for a long cold winter, but here it is and fall is beautiful, so let's do this.
I guess.
 
we had playgroup at aina's house on wednesday. it was a nice time and a ton of people came. now poor ellie has hand, foot, and mouth disease. sounds terrible, so I hope no one else gets it and that ellie gets better in a hurry!
 
that night we had activity day girls at darlaina's. Jodie took pictures of the girls for our recognition night. it's going to be so cute!
i took some of the girls back up to the church after the activity and this happened.
my car, like everyone else in my household, is growing up.
art girl probz.
dirty hands and fingernails all the time.
 
on Thursday I went to golden corral for lunch with some of the ladies. my neighbor kim watched Frankie so I could go, since she doesn't get on the bus till 12:30 and kim's son goes too. laney and I enjoyed lunch and girl time until she cuddled up to me and said "i want my bed." this girl loves her own bed! after that we ran to the commissary to exchange some moldy strawberries and then to target to pick up some shoes I had left at the front desk because i forgot to exchange them on monday.
no memory girl probz.
 
I bought a star fruit the last time I went to the commissary.
addie was the guinea pig.
i loooove her faces!
she's so silly!
she said it was good, but she didn't like the skin on it. i guess i should have taken it off?
frankie asked me when I was gonna have another baby because she really, really, really wants one. poor girl.
she came downstairs with a small pillow under her shirt and said she was gonna have her own baby. hahahaha.
on Friday shelly and laura came over for some more nj lighthouse planning. we finally made some headway. it's been difficult planning. our husbands have had conflicts that we've been waiting to hear about to be able to plan. we've been trying to schedule a cruise to see 6 of the lights in the Delaware bay. and then after both of those things we needed to map our route. anyways, we choose a route, planned Saturday, and reserved a hotel room. still waiting on planning friday and sunday, but it's a start. :)
yes, I know. a nerdy, nerdy, start.
 
lisa picked me up at 4:30 and we went to visit anna to welcome her to activity days and prepare her for her baptism. she was in nursery when we moved here, so it's fun to see her growing up!
 
that night chris had a baseball game and Frankie begged to come. I told her she could, and then I started thinking about waking up early to go on a Saturday adventure, so I tried to renege, but it was too late. so she and I set out.
 
about an hour into the game, and right as chris was in the hole to bat next, our hitter ran smack dab into their second baseman as their guy was trying to beat ours to first base. it was an unconventional, weird play to make, and resulted in a bloody head for them and a banged up elbow for us. then the coaches let their mouths run, i don't even know what they said, but they both got all worked up, and then their coaches started yelling all dramatically to their team "pack up! we're done! i'm pissed now, we're not playing anymore!" head scratching moment.
 
we all waited, but there was no amount of our other coaches apologizing or coaxing that could convince them, so their game was forfeit and our game was won. I so appreciate our coaches and all the time they volunteer, but I hate when grownups ruin the game for the kids. it's little league, guys.
 
this chic (showing off her chin scrape from an earlier bike riding accident) will probably not be invited to another game any time soon. she wanted to do everything but watch the game. when I am at a game i am there to watch, so neither of us were super happy. it was fine, but she was not the angel she said she'd be.
ahhhh, franks. I am particularly loving the skirt on top of skirt action here.

and why not?
and lastly, I love my baby brother. <3 p="">

No comments: