Monday, September 15, 2014

Salt Lake City!

We woke up with Jeff on Wednesday morning and were too excited to go back to sleep. So we went exploring with a mission to get church clothes for the frosh. Jeff is just a few blocks from temple square and a new City Creek mall, so we walked on over.  As we walked this business man on a unicycle passed us, complete with his briefcase and all!
We walked all around temple square, which is beautiful. It's changed a lot since I've been there last. 
We were trying to get a good shot. Not easy. 
We went into the visitors center and met some super sweet sister missionaries from Australia and Venezuela. One of them had been mtc companions with sister sotilli. The church is such a small world!
They told us all the sister missionaries go shoppig at downeast warehouse, so we walked back to get our car and then headed over there. 
Driving the mean streets of the SLC. 
We found lots of good stuff at the warehouse - including a cute pair of $2 sunglasses for me that laney promptly threw down in a fit of rage yesterday and broke. :( what the heck?!
We shopped and explored and ate cafe rio for lunch (ours is better). We were pretty pooped from our long day of traveling, so after that we went back to Jeff's for a nappy. I had planned on going to the temple either during nap time or early one morning, but I was soooo sleepy that (spoiler alert) I never did make it. To any temple. In temple country. I was so bummed, but I also felt strongly that this was a trip for Lexi and I was happy to spend all my time with her. (:

After midday naps, we went to the DI where I tried to force Alexis to buy "dirty and disgusting" dishes for her apartment. The selection wasn't the nicest, I'll give her that, and there was a water bottle for sale that still had the previous owners water in it, but it wasn't that bad. She's a tad dramatic.  

Next up was target, where Lu found dishwasher and microwave safe plastic dishes that were the same price as the DI and were neither dirty, nor disgusting. So she'll get a little cancer from the plastics, at least they're not preowned. (;  we also got some Lexi menu staples there - pasta and Parmesan cheese. Pretty much her everyday fare. Plus butter. Can't forget the butter. Ever. 

After that it was time to pick up the uncle at his office. It's cray that my baby brother is a full blown counselor! He has a cute little calming office that we got to sit in and visit for awhile. 
Lexi got some counseling. (; adjustment disorder is a real thing, so uncle prepared her for the possibility. Especially when you'll miss your mom as much as she'll miss me. (;
Look at all those letters after that name! Awwww yeah! #3 and #4 right thar. 
Our next adventure was at ikea. (it was a really fun day! And I'm not being sarcastic!) lex splurged on some pots and pans (remember the gross and disgusting DI alternative), uncle Jeff bought her a housewarming bamboo type plant, and we got various sundry items like the coolest flashlight in the world. 
After ikea we went to visit the graziano's. I didn't know if we'd have time for any Utah visiting, and I really wanted the trip to be about Lexi, so I didn't make plans with anyone. Then as we were eating lunch we got to talking about people we knew in Utah and lex was like "you should text Stacey!" So I did, and a few hours later we were popping in on them. Only the best of friends give people 2 hours notice, you know.

 "Ramiro, you love me! Don't get down!" This little guy was sooo sweet! We did get a smiling pic, but it must be on lexi's phone. :(
Stacey and I picked up right where we left off, I just love this girl! And I've got to take advantage of the friendship now, cause in a few months she'll be Dr Stacey and way too smart and accomplished for me. (; She's amazing!
We had planned on going to a movie, but we chatted too long and then Taylor got out of rehearsals early, so we settled for dinner, which we let Lexi choose. Her gourmet choice? Taco Bell. Which worked for me because dinner was my treat for letting us stay with them. We enjoyed our delicious TB and visited Till way too late again. It was a fun day!!!

No comments: