Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ice cream social

Our PTA held our 2nd event of the year - the grandparent ice cream social. They had this in May last year, which was just crazy with all the other things going on, so we had the idea to align it with grandparents day in September. The only problem with that was that it was so early in the year that we didn't have a committee. :/

So one of the board members stepped up, then back down. Then another board member stepped up, but then had a family emergency and couldn't participate. So that left Pam and I. Again. I got all the ice cream (24 gallons is a whole lot of sweetness!) and she got everything else. Thankfully most things were done, but it still was a pretty busy week! I was also in the midst of getting my budget proposal ready for the general membership (both of them that showed up :/) to approve, and getting Lexi ready to leave for college. And grandpa was visiting. Craziness! Anyway, the social was a success! Everything went well and people had fun. And best of all, it's over!!!

I took exactly 3 (bad) pictures, but I was kinda busy. (:
I didn't even get any ice cream. Poor me. (: the girls, Matt, and grandpa had a good time. I did too, it was just busy. 
After the ice cream the girls wanted to walk grandpa around to their classrooms. 
We were so lucky to have one of our grandparents in town to take with us for ice cream! Supah fun!

No comments: