Monday, September 15, 2014

Thursday

I didn't sleep well Wednesday night. Thursday was September 11, and after we turned off the lights I read some disturbing things that got me worrying. Being away from the family, the girls being away from Matt even, grandpa flying that day, I just couldn't rest my mama brain. I finally decided to get up and greet the day, so I went for a run. I went by temple square and then up the hill to the Capitol. So gorgeous!
It would take me a long time to get bored running around this joint!
By the time I got back, everyone was up and moving. Jeff made us some pancakes and then we left when he left for work. Not before trying, unsuccessfully, to pick some apples off the tree in front of the apartment. Darn high branches!

Mindy had asked if we'd like to go see her mom on our way out of town, so we went to north Ogden to visit grandma nancy. She's living in an assisted living facility where mindy works. She's such a sweet lady that I used to visit teach. She told me at least 5 times how much she loved me. Sweetheart!

Back in the car and next stop Idaho!
We made it! There was a caravan of bmw's (big Mormon wagons) trekking up, so there was a little line for welcome to Idaho pics. (: so fun!
It was so windy and cold!
We stopped in idaho falls at our hotel to plan the rest of our day. We were excited to see rexburg and her new digs, so we dropped our things, freshened up, and headed out. 

Our first stop was the Mountain Lofts where she'll be living. She loves when I take pictures of her. (; there were still workers outside and they told us they still didn't have their occupancy permit, but hopefully would have it that evening. Especially since move in day was the next day. :/
Her new home! When we found out she was able to go so late, the apartment she wanted was already full. Most of the apartments were full. Then Meghan told lex that the mountain lofts (that were gonna be brand new and super $$$) we're offering a $400 visa gift card for signing a lease. That brought the price right down to normal and we had ourselves an apartment!
From there we drove around town a little bit and then decided to walk around the campus. I was taking a picture of Lexi when a nice lady (people are so nice there!) offered to take our picture.  (:
She walked all around and got different angles too. I love when strangers take nice pics. 
Meanwhile the girls were having a pre-bed movie at the watsons. Since it was Matt's 2 week drill up in DC, I had him take the girls to Christina's on Wednesday night, and then he picked them up on Friday night. They had a blast!
We wandered around the campus and then decided to buy the gangs byu shirts before the masses came on Friday. As we shopped we noticed people were picking up their text books, so we wandered over there and got her one psych book that she needed for the semester. Sweet! Then we noticed people were in line for I-cards, so we got in that line and got her I- card. Then we thought since we'd been able to do two things already that we'd thought we'd have to do Friday, that maybe we could pay tuition too. And we could! We got everything done that afternoon with minimal lines, it was awesome! We wandered some more and cruised the 'burg. Then we were pretty tired, so we headed back to the hotel. I'd have been fine to partake of the complimentary soup and salad at our sleep inn, but lex wanted to meet up with the gang at outback, so off we went. We stayed probably 3+ hours. The server, who wasn't happy with us to begin with, was seriously not happy with us at the end. Lisa and I have a habit of loooong restaurant visits. (: it was fun and the food was delish. After shutting the place down, we headed back to our hotel for showers and beddy bye. 
I loved rexburg! Such a cute little city, such a sweet spirit. 'Twas another fun day!

No comments: