Monday, September 15, 2014

Coming home

I left rexburg around 10. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive down to north Ogden. My allergies were acting up the whole time we were gone, and my eyes were burning from that and lack of sleep. I was super sleepy! I listened to my book (A Confereracy of Dunces) and moved around a lot to stay awake. I pulled over to try to sleep once, but just ended up resting my eyes for a minute before getting on my way again.  

I rolled up to mindy's right at 1:30 and then proceeded to wake up both izzy and jack. I'm an awesome house guest like that. The dog barked so much when we came in, that izzy came downstairs to see what was going on. And then Mindy thought jack was at a friends house and we went into his room to see the view (which is amazing, btw) and woke him up too. Oopsie. 

We visited and caught up till 4am (6 my time) and then finally hit the hay. Then awesome house guest behavior #2, I slept till 10! I was shocked to see it was so late! That was such a comfy bed! Oopsie again. 

We got dressed and headed out for a gorgeous drive around the canyon and lake. Seriously, so pretty. We went through David O. Mckays hometown and got lunch at a cute little BBQ place. It was deeeelish. And izzy took an awesome picture of us. 
Meanwhile Lisa continued to update me with pics of the girls and their hijinx. 
Those crazy girls!
I only got a short visit with mindy because I had to leave for the airport by 1. I really would love to take the whole gang out to Utah someday soon so we could do some exploring as a family. Such a beautiful place! 

I picked my travel pillow up from Jeff's (doh!) and reported my rock-to-the-windshield crack at the car rental place (double doh!) and I had a few minutes before my flight. 

Cute wind turbines near Chicago. Thankfully my flight home had only 1 stop in Chicago. 
Back in rexburg, the gang had dinner at the pizza pie cafe. Good times!
More college girl hijinx!
And Lisa and grace saying goodbye. 
My flight landed a few minutes early, at 10:45. I called for my shuttle, filled up the jolly green, called amy for some company, and I was off to Southern maryland. Home again, home again!

The girls were so sweet and happy to see me. Even bubba came and gave me a big hug in my bed. Nanny sent this cute robe for Addie, so we talked to her and leisurely got ready for church. I love 1:00 church. 
And I love good trips. And I love coming home. #Happiness. 

No comments: