Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The snip snip heard round the world

No good deed goes unpunished, right? We came home from stake temple day last month to a conspicuous pile of blond hair on our floor. Matt brought it down to show me, and I felt sick! I immediately went up to asses the damage. It was bad. Full on southern maryland mullet bad. 
When she woke up I was able to get some better shots. 
I can't help but chuckle now, but that morning was a sad day indeed. 
I thought maybe we didn't have to cut it, but upon further pony tail, I knew that just wasn't the case. 
Ahhhhh!!!!
We got Addie off to school and off we went to Bernie's salon, a cute little place in L-town where the old ladies get their hair set each week. 
They were all so sweet with her, told her how pretty she was and how her hair would be just fine. It was a fun salon morning with my blond mullet girl. 
And the after actually wasn't too bad!
I had been texting auntie Alli the hairdresser all morning and she had sent some pictures of ideas. 
Oh this girl!
Gotta get the full mug shot for posterity. 
It wasn't until I got home that I realized the full extent of the beauty parlor going on on pensive street that night. 
Poor Delaney fell victim too!!! You can always tell the culprit, because their hair is cut up front, but everybody else's is short in the back. Addie was home too, not sure how she escaped the carnage, but she knew nothing about it. Neither did another sister that's just a little but older than Addie. :/
After I did Frankie's hair that day I actually thought her cut was pretty darn cute. 
But (imo) you have to style it just so, otherwise it looks super Dorothy hamil'ish  and not so cute. 
But poor Delaney. Again, I thought maybe we could skip the cut, and I actually haven't cut it yet, but it needs cut badly. 
One of these days I'll cut her baby wisps. 
When I went school clothes shopping I couldn't pass this shirt up. 
Yes you do, Frankie-girl! Yes you do!

No comments: