Saturday, August 1, 2020

Day #136-138

Whoops, got a few days behind. There have been a few days where Alli has had to take a call and she’s done it in her car. Whenever that happens Tenkor watches for her dutifully.  

Tuesday was a mostly at home day. The girls have been loving watching movies on the projector downstairs, which is still a work in progress. 

I came up from tutoring one day and Addie had wrapped a gift that had come in the mail. She’s sweet. 

Alli and I took it old school one day and played 221 B. Baker Street. Delaney wanted to play with us but when we started we remembered it’s really an adult game. 

Because I can’t focus on one project at a time, I started researching ways to organize our tiny linen closet. It’s such a mess. I brought up a storage bin to see how it would work and I liked it. Several of the bins I saw are unavailable to order, so after some thought and hesitation, I decided around midnight one night to go for it and ordered a whole set of bins to clean this mess up. Can’t wait !

I also went to book club Tuesday night, which I never do, but happened to have been able to get the audio book easily and listened to and enjoyed, so I did. We read Toni Morrison’s God Bless the Child and Leisa ran the discussion and I thought it was really good. Some disagreement, but it’s fun talking ideas even when there are differences of opinion.

On Wednesday we went to pick blackberries at the Henderson’s and since we all went, we finally had to clean out our truck. We left this beach stuff in there because we had planned to go to the beach for the 4th but then quarantined instead. We’re still on that tank of gas from July 3rd also.  

The Henderson’s have an amazing garden and their blackberries were ripe and ready 

It was a fairly cool morning and we enjoyed searching for ripe blackberries. 

Addie borrowed my hat. 😍

The littlest Ray’s deserted, but the oldest Ray’s kept working. 

Frankie enjoyed the exploring over picking. 

So did D, though she picked more than Frankie.  

We picked several containers full and promptly froze them for smoothies. Also Addie decided she likes to grab frozen berries by the bowlful, so that’s perfect. 

Addie has wanted to try the rock climbing wall for ages and we just haven’t been able to make it work. Somehow on Wednesday they talked Amy into letting them climb and they were so excited!

They each got a bunch of turns and Addie and Frankie both got all the way to the top. Delaney almost did, but she’ll need a few more tries to be brave enough. 

Amy and I talked politics and church and kids and all the mess going on in the world. 

Addie was scared and sweaty, but she made it to the top!

After the picking, Alli and I headed out for errands. We dropped off the glass recycling, a gift, a couple burned out light bulbs that had to be recycled, made a return, and picked up a few things. It was a very productive day. We had a metal ladder the recycling center wouldn’t take that the dump wanted $10 to dispose of, so I asked Christian if I could throw it in the dumpster behind CK. They just built this new work shed out back, so Christian showed us around. He said “Welcome to my office.”

He showed us their walk in out back and demonstrated how they shock their crabs as a more humane way to kill them before boiling them. I’m not a vegetarian, but I also don’t want to see my meal killed. 😬

We had a rocking storm that afternoon and one of my neighbors took this cool picture. I love a thunderstorm. 

I painted our newly repaired wall. Matt sanded and primed it so it was quick and easy to paint and now everything feels so much more put back together and homey. 

We were busy all day and when I finally looked at my phone that evening i saw that the Coldstone truck was at the clubhouse. I told Matt and we decided ice cream for dinner sounded like a great idea. 

We called papa to meet us there and it was a fun evening. 

Because in 2020 we all deserve ice cream for dinner. 

This was the first of 3 things I somehow missed Wednesday night. I don’t even know how. 🀷‍♀️

Papa got a sandwich from the other food truck and we all cane back to our house to start a fun national parks puzzle

This crazy and I stayed up till midnight working on it because we are wild ladies. 

Alecia invited us to swim at the wildwood pool on Thursday afternoon, so I came up with a way to make our morning chores fun. I divided them all out and had them pick tasks. There were 12, so they each got 4. As they completed their tasks they got to choose a letter and when they had all finished they unscrambled the letters to find out what our adventure would be. They were so excited to be going to the pool!

For brekkie I had yogurt I made, granola I made, and blackberries we picked. We’re straight natural up in here. 

I didn’t take a single picture at the pool. We met a new family and it was fun to visit with them, and then the moms had a diving contest. I usually don’t get my hair wet because my hair is a lot, but it was super hot and the water felt nice and it was fun to be silly and jump and jump. I haven’t been on a diving board in a long time. 

Sarah took a few pictures and caught Addie diving. I also taught Emma to dive and she was so cute and proud of herself. A good day on the diving board. 

Papa made taco meat in his crockpot and Alli cut up all the fixins so when we got home from the pool we had a delicious dinner waiting for us. I’m getting pretty spoiled. πŸ€—

Governor Hogan made an announcement that day for a statewide mask mandate, which I actually thought we already had. 🀷‍♀️

And Delaney is a funny sleeper. 



No comments: