Saturday, August 1, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #42

We ♥️ Savannah. And tonight we’re sleeping in Fayetteville. (which we don’t really ♥️)

And tomorrow HOME. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
We drove out to see Tybee Island Lighthouse’s gorgeousness!

Looking back, this was an epic lighthousing day. 

We got to climb a tall light I’ve wanted to see forever, see a bonus light, and then another light that had been at the top of my list. 

Delaney didn’t want to climb, so she and nanny explored the grounds while I took the big girls up. 

It was so fun to climb with my girls. 

We stopped and took pics on all the landings. These was either the 2nd or 4th. 🤷‍♀️

5th landing. Still having fun. 

At some point addie got a little nervous, but she pushed through the pain. 

I think this is the last light I climbed, sadly. I ❤️ Lighthouse stairs. 

It was a hot day, and lighthouse towers can be pretty sweltering. 

We made it!

My lighthouse crew. 

I miss lighthousing so much! 😢 

Just looking at this picture makes me anxious. 

They were so little! So cute!&

I love everything about lighthousing. 

They have really cute keepers quarters set up all around the grounds. 

Silly Addie was pretty excited to be on the ground. 

We spent some time exploring. 

Delaney and nanny had found a geocache, so they’d had fun. 

The whole crew!
And stopped to see the lonely little Cockspur Island Light too.

This was just on the road up from Tybee 👆🏼 

We stopped at a fort... I can’t remember why. 

But after so much driving it was really nice to have an exploring day. 

And forts make for amazing exploring. 

This one was also a national park or historic site because I think I remember stamping my passport book. 

Getting out all their energy. 



We got some Georgia peaches from a roadside stand. 😋

And then it was on to downtown Savannah. 

Ready for another light!

There was also a geocache around here that we never did find. I think I’d like geocaching, but I did not like not being able to fine what we were looking



There it is! The cute little teeny light!

We found this unique little Savannah Harbor Light that I’ve been wanting to see for years!



We walked all around the harbor. 

It’s so pretty and has such a lot of fun history. 

I don’t know... it has a funny name?
And the little Girl Scouts got to see Juliette Gordon Low’s birthplace. And then we powered through a crazy rainstorm because we’re all so excited to be home tomorrow!

It was closed and also we wouldn’t have spent the time to go in. 

But it was fun to see. After all the fun exploring we drove up to Fayetteville. It was an amazing day!

No comments: