Monday, August 24, 2020

Day #163

I went to Deb’s funeral this morning. Dee, Jan, and Bishop spoke, and Heather and I gave the prayers. It was a little tense because she was not an active member and her sons are not friendly to the church. Because of Covid, I never actually spoke to anyone in the family, but helped plan the program. We needed prayers said, and though I suggested someone from the family give them, I did it because, again, they aren’t super thrilled with the church. I think it went well and was a lovely tribute to her. This is a hard time for lots of things, mourning very much included. We came together and did our best to mourn with those who mourn. 

Alli finally started training today. She’s been here a month and a half, so I guess it was bound to happen. Addie and Abby went to the library, and when they didn’t come home, Frankie, Em, and I walked yo to check things out. 

We met them on their way home and Addie came back up with us and showed us around. It’s so pretty and inviting and we got a pile of books.

Emmett loved wandering around with auntie Addie doting after him. 

It started raining on us as we walked home, but it was a warm drizzle. 

We worked on our closet for a few minutes tonight, and every cleat we have is 1/16 an inch too long. Either it’s supposed to be like that, which seems weird, or they messed up. 🤷‍♀️ I’m starting to feel like it’s never going to be done. Most of the time the closet in the dining room isn’t a big deal, but anytime I have to go anywhere, like today, it’s lame. 



No comments: