Saturday, August 1, 2020

Day #139 - 42nd birthday edition

I had zero expectations for my Covid birthday. And the day ended up fabulously exceeding anything I could have thought up. Alli planned out a day of surprises and it was so nice and also such a surprise. 

First we went to get mani’s and pedi’s, which I wouldn’t have done, but am glad we did because no one was there and the 3 employees, and of course Alli and I, all wore masks. We went to get lunch at crabknockers, but Christian had just run to pick up some crabs and wasn’t there. Next we popped over to Walgreens for a few movie treats. This was at 2:00. By 7:00 when Chris tried to go, they had already closed because a pharmacist tested positive for Covid. Awesome. Also, Pablo’s sister works at that pharmacy and Chris hung out at their house last week. We’re experiencing a little spike in St. Mary’s County and I hate it. I know everyone does. A dear friend has several family members that have tested positive and I’m so sad for them to be separated and worried for them. 

But as with all of 2020, we hold the scary/sad/worrisome in one hand and work to live normally and with gratitude and happiness in the other, and it was still ma birthday. We picked up lunch and ate in the car and then headed home for a birthday nap. Matt ordered pizza from Slice House for dinner and dad and bubba came over and we all played games and ate the Gentilly cake Alli made. It was delicious and such a wonderful day! Several friends dropped gifts and cards off and Facebook messages and texts and calls were so thoughtful. Everyone went out of their way to make my special day special. It was such a great day! 

I’m making an Mpix picture order and of course I feel like I’ve got to order all the pictures to make the shipping worth it. I’ve been going through all our old family pictures and thought this one was so cute. We were a loud and chaotic mess with all those babies and 2 bigs and life was crazy and hard and full and fun. This pic brought it all back and made me so happy. 

Also this one. I don’t have many pictures with my babies and me and I love this one. Look at that disgruntled and bald baby Laney! 😍

This one from a Jodie photo shoot was so cute too. These are some of my favorite pictures of Christian, so handsome. 

And another of my all time fav pictures! That baby loves his momma!

And look at sad little Em! 😍 I love, love, love pictures!

I have loved being in my 40’s. Here’s to 42! 

No comments: