Friday, August 7, 2020

Day #145

We had another productive day. Alli bought all the connectors and dongles and cords we needed to get everything set up for our projector downstairs. I even broke out my label maker that I haven’t used in 5+ years and labeled remotes and devices. Alli Velcroed cords to the wall Apple style and it all works and it’s so exciting! To reward us for our hard work, we played one of the first video games ever invented - Toejam and Earl. And we won, first go, because that’s how we roll. 

My linen closet bins came in 2 weeks early, so we spent some time organizing everything. We watched some sheet folding videos and practiced how to store sets in the most efficient way. I love it so much. Every time I walk by I open the door just to enjoy it. 😍🤗

It rained this afternoon, so the girls each took a nice long bubble bath. I reminded them that we used to go do things and we had to plan for bubble bath days and how nice it is to be able to be luxurious any time we want now. 

We’re getting rid of some of our “baby” puzzles, so D made sure we had all the pieces. 

Addie loves our frozen blackberries and they are so pretty. And so is she. Addie orders books and schedules library pickups daily. She absolutely loves that she’s able to walk over all by herself. The library is open now, though we haven’t gone yet. She’s dying to check it out, so we should make it happen. 

We made an Asian salad for dinner that was super yummy. And then we watched my all time favorite game show -  Supermarket Sweep and it’s made me so happy! So many memories! And 42 yo Michelle is not as good at it as 12 yo Michelle. 

I’ve had several variations of this meme saved over the years. Ii know it’s important that I remember this. 

Matt worked from home and then mowed the grass. He was going to go in yesterday but his boss told him they had another positive Covid case and to stay home. Most of the time I really love having everyone home. It’s going to be such a huge adjustment when we can start doing normal things again though. How will our kids handle being away from us when they’ve been with us nonstop for months or years? I know it will be difficult for me. One of my Covid mantras - one day at a time. And one of my fav scriptures:

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

After dinner we started The Babysitters Club which was so cute and fun, we all loved it. 

No comments: