Saturday, August 8, 2020

Day #146

The days are going by really fast lately. I can’t believe we’ll be back to school in just 4 weeks. The beginning of quarantine felt really slow and long, but as usual our summer is flying by. One similarity between Covid summer and regular summer. 

Alli and I went for a walk this morning and popped in to visit with dad. It was nice to have uninterrupted adult convos. Back home we played some games and did a lot of nothing. In the late afternoon Alli’s Salon opened for business. Papa, Matt, Addie, Frankie, and Delaney were all treated to professional haircuts and the girls even got a blow dry. I know it’s got to be annoying to always be expected to give haircuts to your family and friends, so I don’t expect it ever, but she generously offered and we gratefully accepted. The girls and i have had my at home haircuts for over a year now, and Matt for the last few haircuts. Pretty sure dads been doing his own diva cuts as well, so I’m sure we were a hairstylists dream. 

The girls  wanted to keep their length, but I think the little spruce is adorable!

I ran to town to pick up my prints from staples and some garlic bread for dinner. Fun story. I ordered cute designs of the new YW theme and the yearly youth theme for Addie for Christmas, just 7 short months ago. 🙄 And then I’m lame and yada yada. Apparently we don’t own a thumb drive (feels like I’ve complained about this before 🤷‍♀️) and I kept getting stumped in my meager attempts to print my Etsy orders. A few weeks ago I was like, enough, I gotta do this. A few days ago Alli and I went into Staples for help and met a very sweet and helpful employee. She told me just to email it to her and she would print it. And she did! Easy easy. Why did it take me 7 months? Will I do better next year?🤞🏼 So anyways, my bestie, Sadie (Staples buddy) told me my print would be ready at 1:30, but when I went in at 5, the print was nowhere to be found and it looked like she hadn’t processed anything. Finally, another Staples buddy (they’ve seriously been so helpful) found my prints as she was putting in my new print order, but there was nothing written up for them. I made the hilarious customer joke “I guess they’re free!” because of course i did. My newest Staples buddy handed me my things (I had a tutoring book that needed to be rebound) and said since Sadie hadn’t written anything up for my order to just take them. I protested that I was just joking about it being free, but she insisted. Lucky day. 🤗 And also worlds longest Staples story. 🤷‍♀️

Also, my prints came in! 🤗 I love, love, love the 100% original beach pic I chose from At Ease Photography - Jack Seagrove - owner and proprietor. My shelf decor is still lacking, but we’re closer to figuring it out. 

I told the girls I wanted a picture of their pretty new haircuts. 

It wasn’t as easy as you might think. 

They’ve been loving the Just Dance and Mario Kart on the Wii and played for a long time today. 

I made stuffed shells and garlic bread for dinner as Alli finished the haircuts. Then I switched out pictures to my new prints and got everything hung fresh and clean. It looks so good and is another project crossed off my list. 

✔️ 7 months in the making. I turned on the lights in addies room as she was sleeping for this picture, so basically #bestmom. 

Life is weird. I am definitely finding joy in every little thing I can. And at the same time acknowledging that there are really difficult and ugly things going on all around us. I feel privileged and all the hard around us can make me feel superficial and basic. I don’t think that’s true though. I think I can be nuanced enough to find joy in organizing and beautifying and also be willing to cry with my friends whose basements are the worst or who’s kids are being difficult or who have sick family members, and serve and minister and try to be like our Savior. I don’t know, I just feel like I need to acknowledge that I know life is hard, I feel it so often, and also I am trying to find the happiness of living a grateful life. 

We read in Alma this week that the people worshipped God with exceedingly great joy and I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s my goal and at least for this week, I am succeeding. 

No comments: