Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #46-47


My mom gave me these beautiful family dishes. We were able to go through them all and she told me who they were from and stories about the owners. I’m a believer in using special dishes. Not really in kids using them, so that makes it trickier. 

We said goodbye to nanny and after 7+ weeks surrounded by extended family, it’s just us. We’ve definitely been missing our crew.

I decided not to get dressed when we said goodbye. 

She was so helpful with our flood issues, we were sad to see her go. I mean, also because we love her. 💕💕💕
I had to stop Addie from buckling herself into nanny’s car. She was ready for another road trip!

Sandy and Amy sent me this amazing visor. They are all wrong about visors, I swear. 

The work on the basement continued. The workers cut all the drywall and we had fans going constantly to make sure everything was completely dried out. 

This might have been when tony planted the seed for us to make our storage room. He said since we had to drywall anyway that if we wanted to drywall anything else off, it would be super simple. The new storage room is one of my favorite improvements we’ve made to our home. We added the room on this wall between the bedroom and the main basement. 
We took another big load to the dump. We also turned things over to the pro’s.
We call this a ‘let’s get rid of art clutter!’ morning.

I don’t even know. 🤷‍♀️

😍

Tonight we took all the loads off and enjoyed the Beach Party on the Square.
It’s one of our favorite summer traditions.

They play in the sprinkler every year. 
Pictures in the giant beach chair are a must.

The golden hour. 

Of course because 2020 is the year of disappointments, the beach party this year was cancelled. 😢 

These crazy kids did something fun this day. I love that they all get along so well. 

Happy kids. 

Same day, 6 years apart. This expressive little 6 month old hated the grass exactly 6 years ago today. We just had to recreate. 😍


No comments: