Sunday, August 2, 2020

Day #141

So tropical storm Isaias is hitting Florida as we speak, and we are in the path for tomorrow and Tuesday. As of now we’re under a rare “significant threat” for flooding. 2020, I can’t even with you. 

We’ve had a lovely quiet sabbath day. We read the handbook chapter on music today and that prompted a sacrament meeting focused on music. It made me realize how very much I miss singing each week with my ward family. I was not blessed with the gift of musical talent, but I love to sing and always feel the spirit when we sing in unity. When will we be able to sing together again? Seems like it will be a really long time. 

We fasted for our dear friends to return to health and fasting in unity and with a health purpose is always so much easier. I am so proud of the girls as they are learning. Delaney, who fasts forjust one meal right now, told me she will be fasting again for her friend tomorrow. ๐Ÿ’• Also, one of my neighborhood friends whose parents both have Covid lost her dad from it today. She is such a sweet lady and has felt so heartbroken and helpless and I’m so sad for her. We are all so over Covid. I had hoped we’d have the summer off, a little reprieve before things picked up again in the fall, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and it just feels relentless. 

I wish we all always understood and believed this.๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป It must make our Savior so sad when we tell ourselves we can’t/don’t deserve to/are unworthy to turn to Him when we’re hurting. 

And from poignant to silly. 

I don’t know what I did this morning, let alone yesterday. 
Tenkor continues to be so loved. She gets loads of scratches and cuddles and every time someone goes outside she’s ready to go with them. She’s been such a good dog and we’ve gone over a week without any nips, so yay!

Matt made a yummy instant pot dinner and we finished it off with leftover birthday cake and creamy crab dip because bubba brought us crab the other day. All was delicious. 


No comments: