Monday, August 10, 2020

Day #148

Another Sunday in the books. Between meetings I cooked. I made dinner for the Martines - who’ve had the worst water issues, and a new family in the ward. I made my 2019/2020 delivery meal - Coq au Vin with mashed potatoes, a veg (southern style green beans today), brownies (s’mores is the latest variety) and a bottle of Martinelli’s. We’ve had 5 new families move into the ward this summer and it stinks that we haven’t really been able to meet them. 

The girls came with me to make our deliveries and it was so nice to visit with Colleen and Mike. Then we met the new couple and got a chance to chat with them. The girls are very much not shy and like to join in every conversation, so they are fun RS buddies, no longer RS babies. 

We had our monthly stake missionary meeting. This is a meeting of all the EQP’s and RSP’s in the Stake, plus a few high councilors, the Stake RSP (Kitty), the Stake Presidency, and the mission president. It’s quite the lineup and I really enjoy these meetings. These are busy leaders and I’m grateful for the time each month to be taught not only by the good word of God, but by their examples. 

Matt finished off his Navy weekend today, thankfully at 6 instead of 9. Christian came over after work and had dinner with us and then we taught them to play Qwixx. I am pretty good at that game and, not to pat myself on the back too hard, win more often than I lose. It was fun. 

We had a late night sacrament/testimony meeting. I tell the girls often how rare and special these months of at home sacrament meetings have been, and will hopefully be again in the not-so-distant-future. 

Sometimes when i look at Addie i see cute little 3 year old Addie, sweet and temperamental big sister, lover of Dora and cheese. But then she volunteers to read the scripture for her Zoom SS and I remember that she is a 12 year old young woman’s and it’s just weird. 



No comments: