Saturday, June 20, 2020

Summer 2018 Day #1

I made 111 blog posts in all of 2018. But one thing I did do, was to post on fb every day all summer. I was thinking it would be fun to use those as a jumping off point in finally blogging that extra fun, sometimes pretty difficult summer. 

Yesterday was my first summer post of 2018. So here we go! Laura drove us up to the airport and got lots of ready to take off pictures, which was fun. 

Traveling alone with a load of kids always interesting, but they were getting bigger and very helpful, so it was only mildly difficult. And we made it. My 2018 caption was “These chics are crazy!”

See, Laura! I think I was putting gas or going potty when they took this one. We miss her!

Bouncing around. Today, in 2020 is the first day of Summer and I am itching for a travel adventure. It’s so exciting and fun and whether we are visiting family or going somewhere new, there’s just something so wonderful about traveling. I can just feel the excitement in this picture. J

Off to board our Southwest flight. We ❤️ Southwest. 

For our first leg we had Delaney next to me and then Addie and Frankie sitting together. 

Amy bought my dads old minivan from him so I’d have a sweet ride to tote my crew of 5 under 10 all summer, so we flew to Oregon to spend a few days with my dad and pick up the van. After a sups long day of traveling, 2 hours to the airport, a million hours flying across the country, then 2 hours to my dads house from the Portland airport, we made it by sunset. 

The sun sets around 8pm in June in Oregon. 

Lincoln City will always hold a special place in my heart. This little house on a beautiful bluff was pretty magical. 

Beautiful girl. 

This was one of my favorite things. My dad downloads his pictures immediately, it’s weird, and the girls love going through them with him!

He’s add captions and the girls would laugh and laugh. 

So much silliness. 



No comments: