Sunday, June 7, 2020

Day #84

We got a lot done today while Matt worked in DC  We watched some 5 minute craft hair tutorial videos and I got creative with the girls hair. We’re gonna work on this more this summer because i am tired of ratty, messy long hair, and they all insist on keeping it long  

My dad came over and we filmed the girls piano recital videos. It took a long time and a lot of takes, but cross if off my list, it’s finally done. Poor Addie had the most takes by far. And after 4 mini and regular mess ups, she had played both pieces beautifully, but Frankie and Delaney had gotten into a tiff riiiigh as Addie was finishing up one song. You could hear part of the skirmish as she was playing, so of course you could hear the whole thing during the break. It took around 5 more takes after that snafu. She’d laugh, or we’d laugh. Or dad would jingle his keys. So many takes!

Addie was reading a Little House on the Prairie guide and decided it was a Little House kind of day. She made bread in the bread maker and cookies from a recipe in the LH book. She packed cheese and milk in a wicker basket with her fresh bread and cookies, and they headed to the stream. She asked at one point if they could wear the pioneer dress up clothes, but then must have thought better of it because she didn’t ask again. I loved reading LH with them and when they would ask D for baby Carrie kisses, so sweet!

I had ward council while they were gone. At one point while I was talking they crackled across my walkie talkie. The fun of Zoom meetings never ends. They came home and shared a coke. 

They were actually quite democratic about how they shared it and all were happy. 

We hung out in the cool basement and they sewed and I finished reading Tennis Shoes to them. It was sweet and I cried. They are using old clothes that were worn out or stained to create and learn to sew. It’s fun to see what they come up with! These girls have an amazing creative streak and it is not from me. 

It was -#PaxIndexingWeek, and that was a toughie for me. It made its way through all of my lists all week, and never got done. Part of it was daunting because no matter what I’m doing it several times over with the girls. But I wanted to school or us to participate, so we pressed on after reading/sewing time. We watched a video of promised blessings and then got to work. And like most things i put off, it wasn’t bad! Unlike the piano recital videos, those were kind of painful. 

We did Michigan immigration records and I read the official wording to the girls. I can’t imagine renouncing my American citizenship. Even with all her problems, I’m so grateful for where I was born. 

Addie took this selfie and we laughed and laughed. She’s such a cute girl l, but sometimes selfies are creepy. She’s a god sport too. 

💕

Delaney’s first time on her own account! We’ve got all big kids! It’s so wild, for so long we had so many babies. 

Emmett and Lexi are coming next week and we’ve been talking about how many things we’ll need to baby proof. Like, everything because we’re not baby proof at all. But I also don’t think he’ll ever be on his own for even a few seconds because he’s got 3 little mamas plus a mimi that are gonna be all up in his grill. 

We ate dinner as soon as mattt got home, and then I went straight up for a Pres mtg. So. Much. To. Coordinate. Always. It was a good divide and conquer meeting and now off we go to work another week. This is #PaxMinistering week, so it’s kind of our jam. 

After our meeting we still hadn’t taken the sacrament, so we had our little meeting at 9:00. So many firsts in the times of Corona. 

After that, we filmed a graduation message for cosette. We did an amazing cheer that we practiced like 1 and a half times, so you know it was good. 

Then it was finally bedtime and I indexed my own batch, where I discovered i helped the girls index several records we should have skipped. Oopsie. 

‘‘Twas a busy day as we were all anxiously engaged in good causes. This will be our last full week of school and Emmy comes at the end of it, so it’s bound to be good!

No comments: