Sunday, June 21, 2020

Day #98

The girls are chess and checkers crazy right now. Delaney offered to teach me, but it sounds about as much fun as a game of Life, soooo no thanks. 

We watched the girls piano recital this morning. I do believe I prefer a video recital! We watched the whole thing, but we err comfortable and able to chat about the songs we liked and the other cute kids. 

Then Matt and I went to work on our projector screen. Duh, duh, duh... they shorted us an inch on the screen measurements. We would still have been a smidge short, but it would have at least been doable, but not with the shortage. We decided our best bet would be to cut down the size of the frame. We asked on our neighborhood fb page if anyone had a saw, and my friend Laura texted and offered her husbands services. He brought his saw over and matt was so impressed with it. They cut an inch off each side, and Matt and I painstakingly stretched and stapled the screen till it was smooth. I’m getting ahead of myself though. 

First, Matt and I went on a date. We went grocery shopping and then our forever date - to Lowe’s. We’ve got our carpet ordered and a new closet light and I’m so excited. 

We had pizza in honor of Father’s Day, and oh Delaney. 

Delaney invited papa to play checkers with her, and after he gave her all his rules, including that he won’t go easy on her and he floats, they set off. 

I can attest that he did not go easy on her. There were a lot of “oh snap!”’s and also the new “snape!” She lost, but she asked lots of questions and girlfriends a fast learner.  

Next up it was Addie’s turn. Papa also did not go easy on her. She also asked lots of questions, and I think their game ended in a stalemate. 

We FaceTimed Lexi and Emmett. They would have arrived this morning and we all felt their absence acutely. 

These girls love their nephew so much! I found this as I was organizing their art desk in between helping Matt. 

And LOOK! We watched videos on our new homemade screen and projector tonight. We just need to figure out a “dangle” and how to hook up the Wii, but everyday is a little closer and it is very exciting!

It’s also the first day of summer and we love us some summer. 

More cleaning out of pictures I’ve saved. I love this. 

Good for everyday, not just quarantine days. 

This brought me a ton of peace when I was not feeling it. 

And so did this. 

💕

I ❤️ Relief Society. 

This picture of the temple is stunning. They announced that the DC temple open house is being postponed and even though I was waiting for them to make that reached official, it’s such a bummer. I miss the temple. 

I just heard this today on a podcast, and then found this meme tucked away in my screenshots and it looks like something I need to work on. 

I always want to believe people can change, even when it’s hard to have that faith. We’re here to change and be refined. I don’t ever want to be stagnant. 





No comments: