Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Day #79 and #80

Yesterday I voted. I biked downtown and out my vote in the locked up, 24 hour surveilled ballot box. I also took this truly awful picture, because there was a line of people so I didn’t want to stay up near the box.  

I have been awful about hanging frames and then become blind to them and slooooooow about putting pictures in them. Working little by little to change that. Addie wanted flower pictures, and we know someone that loves shooting flowers. She picked a few, and viola! Papa even printed them out for her. 

The rest of yesterday was a blur. I made loads of calls, just checking in with sisters. I wrote out an agenda and list for Addie’s birthday. We watched both of the Deathly Hallows and I decided idk if I can ever watch just one. After everyone went to bed I made cupcakes, decorated, and blew up, and popped a whole mess of balloons. 1am random streamers.  

I saw this yesterday and it took my breath away. 💔

Today was spent in party prep mode. I got out chairs and balls and towels, bubbles, sunscreen, plates and cups, and everything else I could think of to make the day run smoothly. Addie and I torched the s’mores cupcakes and added the chocolate and graham cracker. Cupcakes are so fun. 

And so is using pastry torches. 

We left sidewalk chalk out and neighbors left birthday wishes. 💕

Chick-fil-A mobile ordering wasn’t the easiest, and since I had everything in order early, I went to pick up lunches. And it was party on!

I make fun of my dad for the literal hundreds of pictures he shares with me weekly, but it is nice to have things documented. 

We passed out food and everyone ate. Our backyard is not super conducive to entertaining (yet. come on, we’ve only lived here 11 years) but it did the trick. 

I wanted to come up with fun party games, but socially distancing is tricky and I really had no clue what the girls would want to do. It was 93 today also, so there’s that. 

These cuties aren’t awkward at all. 😂

😍

And my dad got creative. 💕

I never even checked out the front yard shenanigans after things got rolling. Matt turned the sprinklers on and it rotated through each section a few times. 

The kids had a blast running through them. 

They were so excited to be able to play together, it was really sweet. 

Umbrellas are just always fun. 



Addie was very proud to showcase her s’mores cupcakes and they were messy and delicious. 

See?

Alecia, Sarah, and I talked about all the things and it was just the best day. Everyone was happy and it didn’t even feel that hot. The kids gobbled up the watermelon I cut up. 

And then we got some silly shots. 

Super silly. 

The yw had a special graduation parade planned, so we met in the half wa parking lot. Since Addie’s party ran late, we decided to grab a quick dinner on the way there, and she chose McDonald, and then promptly got a tummy ache. Chick-fil-A and McDonald’s in one day, after not eating out much at all was a little much for her newly-12- year-old tummy. Everyone sang happy birthday and it was as awkward as it always is to be the center of attention. 

But she pushed through and the two of us had a great time chatting and celebrating the two graduates. 

We FaceTimed Lu on the way, and Emmett looked so handsome all ready to celebrate his mommas birthday. 

Sadly, Addie’s bike that was supposed to arrive at the end of May now won’t be here till September, so we’re back to the drawing board on that one. But she got super thoughtful gifts from her friends, and bubba is taking her shopping tomorrow, which is double sweet because she hasn’t been in a store since March 11. 

She wanted to watch Holes tonight, and while we watched, she colored her canvas from Lily. She loved all her gifts and brought most of them with us on the graduate parade. 😂

We sang happy birthday to her again, and then it was bedtime for the newest 12-year-old. 

And 24-year-old. Lu got a bike (that is still running great!) for her 12th birthday too. And a sister, but, you know. 

June 3rd is still one of my favorite days. 

No comments: