Monday, June 15, 2020

Day #90

I'm having blog picture problems but don't want to get too far behind because we all know that's the kiss of death for me. Saturday was a fun day where we got to see several friends, it was almost normal.

I met up with Sara R and Nanci at Wheatley Lake to go for a run. I was nervous. Everyone has their own running style and speed and distance and I just wasn't sure what to expect. It ended up being really great, and it was so fun to have such beautiful scenery and be able to run somewhere that I would never run alone. We did 3 loops around the lake which made it a 6 mile run, and we ran the whole thing, no run walking for me. I've been doing the run walk method for so long, I wasn't sure if I could even do a full on run, but I did and it was super fab. The last half of the trail had a lot of uphills and loads and loads of roots. We almost fell several times and had only one spill, and I think that's pretty good.

I helped Matt work on the projector screen when I got home and then we all had lunch together. Then we loaded up the jolly green with a load of Christian's things and drove out to his new place to check it out and help unload his uhaul. His new (rental) home is all the way out in St. Inigoes, but it's cute and he's young and hopefully doesn't mind driving 25 miles to work each day?

Next on our list was a birthday parade for Valentino. Rosa Lina is such an amazing hostess, and they had a table with pizza, drinks, cake, and ice cream set up and they served us all in our cars. I chatted with Rosa's boss that she nanny's for in DC, we met at Rosa's birthday party when we sat at the same table, so it was fun to catch up with her and hear about life in DC. We laughed about the meme that says how these kids will hear grow up and hear horns honking and get excited to find out who's birthday it is. Life is so crazy.

Since we were out that way, we popped over to meet a new family in our ward and I stole Alecia's cute idea and brought some Chesapeak Bay crab potato chips as a welcome to SOMD. Sadly, we missed the wife, but got to say hi to the husband and son.

We got home and headed to the pool so Frankie could test out her new mermaid tail and monofin. She had patiently waited all day, so I was happy to take them for the last hour. It has been unseasonably cool, but that didn't slow them down. Addie stayed home with Matt and worked on building a Mancala game, and then my dad came and chatted with me for awhile.

And that was the busiest Saturday we've had in over 3 monthes.

No comments: