Monday, June 29, 2020

Day #106 and #107

Yesterday we had our adult SS, youth SS, then Matt and I had a missionary meeting, then we did our family sacrament meeting. After ward council Matt and I tag teamed dinner and then played some games. We taught Delaney Codenames and I got this hilarious pic of her schooling Matt. 

Dad stopped by today sporting  his clear attachable mask, and one for each of us too! So stylish and cool!’

We met up with Darrow’s at Gilbert Run Park and this is the one picture I took. Delaney fell and got a goose egg. She was super sad. It was a very hot day, but other than the fall, the kids had fun playing at a new park. 

We grilled some pork loin leftovers for sandwiches, and since we had our briquettes all warmed up, we decided on s’mores for home evening treat. Addie taught about her fav missionary, Abish, and then we caught up on Come Follow Me and watched Pres. Monson’s Stand Alone video. That provided for a good discussion about being brave and standing up for our beliefs. I told the girls about the time I went to a neighborhood party and the ladies were taking pictures of each other with balloon boobs and candy cane cigarettes. I was handed the candy cane to “smoke” for a picture and for half a second had an internal debate before I remembered that I don’t smoke and don’t want to simulate smoking, and i also really didn’t want a candy cane smoking pic of me floating around social media, or anywhere for thag matter. so I declined, and then several other girls in the picture were obviously relieved and also gave up their cc cigarettes too. The girls got a kick out of that silly story. 

Bubba stopped by to pick up some mail, but it was fun to see him for a hot second. 



Phot cred: Addie 

Oh! I also got up super early this morning and went for my 15 mile run. I had my alarm set for 6:00, but I think I was nervous and I couldn’t sleep. It took me almost 3 hours, but I did it. Furthest I’ve ever run. I almost finished with Jane Austen’s Persuasion and I really like it. Why have I never read it before?

Because Hermione has buck teeth. 

After we got the girls to bed and I was doing dishes the doorbell rang. Excitement! Because a nighttime doorbell wrong is always exciting, but a Covid one? Wowza. It was another Secret Sister gift. She got this really neat writing journal with prompts and word lists on each page. It’s so creative and I think she’ll love writing in it!



No comments: