Friday, June 12, 2020

Days #85-#88

Oopsie. Missed a few days. 

Fancy hair pics. The videos make it look so easy, but my work is much more messy. 

It was fun though. 

They all wanted extra bling. Peacock with pink dress doesn’t really match, but we do what we need to do. 

Monday was a beach day. My dad joined us for awhile, so we grabbed a picture before he took off. It was a cool day which was nice for the moms, and the kids didn’t really complain about being cold. 

Beach days are a lot of work. It’s a good thing we love the beach so much. 

The kids were in absolute heaven. 

We stayed from 11:30-5:30. It was fab. 

We were all tired, so we swung by Pizza Hut and went to bed early. 

Tuesday is a blur. We picked up Addie’s school stuff. I had to wait in the car while she went in with a mask. It took her about 5 minutes and that was that. Well, she forgot to return one book, so it’s not quite that yet. But still. 

We went to the pool that night. It was hot and sticky and even I got in the water. Then we came home and I went to our additional relief society zoom meeting. Jess and Cody made us a fun game of jeopardy and we got competitive and silly. I forgot that Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river and made a total moron of myself, but that’s the way games are sometimes. 

Wednesday we went to the dentist. We texted when we arrived to the parking lot. I turned off the car and rolled down the windows while we waited. It was warm, but not terrible. When we went in though, they checked our temperatures. It was the first time in this weird new world that we’ve had our temps checked. It’s all still so bizarre. 

So they checked our temperatures and delaney and I were fine, but Addie and Frankie were both over 99. They had us wait a few minutes and then checked again. Theirs temps slowly came down, then checked again, and finally they were normal. It was nuts how quickly they overheated.  

The girls haven’t been out much in the last 3 months, and they were a little tightly wound, read crazy. Delaney especially. “i hate this mask. I’m bored. I’m ready to go.”  

Our new dental office is swanky. It’s all so big and so pretty. The chairs have massagers and it doesn’t even smell like a dental office. I’ve always loved Dr. Hawkins, she’s super gentle, knowledgeable, and personable, add that to a beautiful new office now and it is beyond great. Which is also great because I spend a lot of time and money at the dentist. I’ve already got an appt to replace an old filling. Because even when I don’t have cavities, I still get dental work. 

This is a normal sight now. Almost everyone has a mask hanging from their mirror. A whole new world. 

We met up with Darrow’s and Ainas at the park for a few hours. It was hot, but nice to get out. We had government sandwiches for our quick dinner that night. Lots and lots of these silly sandwiches. 

Today I worked on pictures. Changing out frames and hanging some. I found this old picture of Matt and I. I think this was when autumn and Jackie came up for my Masters graduation in the spring of 2005 and we went to Canada. We walked crossed the long Capistrano suspension bridge, I think that’s where this picture was taken. And then the bottom one is from Memorial Day a few weeks ago. 15 happy years later. What a wonderful life we’ve made together. 

Today Addie finished her classes. Yay, yay, yay!

We dropped off lunches at Ainas and Addie and Abby planned their solar ovens. Aren’t they the coolest little nerds ever?

I have needed to go shopping for awhile. I put it off, but this afternoon was a good time. It was threatening to rain all day, but never got bad. Until.... (dramatic voice). I went to target for the first time in over 3 months, and when I was checking out, we heard the rain. It was loud and bananas. I went outside and several people were waiting because it was really torrentially raining. I checked my weather app and it said it would rain for over an hour, so I went for it. I can only remember ever being that soaked with rain one other time. My shirt is dry’ish under my boobs in this pic, my jeans were completely wet, and my hair was dripping down my back. But i still needed to hit Aldi, so that’s what I did. I was freezing walking around. . 

I changed as soon as i got home, and thankfully Christian was home to help the girls unload. 

I got out some old frames and Addie had the perfect picture for this one. Love this book girl. 

I also hung a few more lighthouse pictures for my lighthouse wall. I have a few more that need frames. I miss lighthousing. 

And that’s almost another whole week down. 


No comments: