Monday, June 22, 2020

Day #100

Lucky 100! I celebrated by waking up early and doing my 13.5 mile run. I did a half marathon this morning! And then cooled down with a half mile walk. Officially the furthest I’ve ever gone all at once. I felt much better than last week, probably because I’ve been making stretching/yoga a priority. 

We also decided to celebrate by going to the beach  
We went to Elms Beach, where I’ve been many, many times for field trips, but never to the other side to play at the beach. 

My dad came out and took all these pictures, because I took exactly 0. 

We played till it started thundering. It started raining within 5 minutes of us getting into our cars and it was quite the storm. 

The kids played happily all day. Grossest moment - when Abby explained how she grabbed a turtle by the eye socket to remove the skin and bring the turtle skull home. 🤢 

There were also lots of crabs around, which is not my fav beach situation. 

It got a little windy and our canopy started to fly away so we had to reposition it. My dad called us the 3 beach queens and said how good we are at beaching and how  rare it was that we had to fix something. 

These big girls love to go off and explore coves on their own. 

Addie came to show us a dead crab. She threw it back into the bay to help complete the circle of life. 


We stopped by Sonic for drinks and slushes on our way home. We are all sun-kissed and we all got sunburned in weird, splotchy places. 🤷‍♀️

For fhe, we went down to our sparkly new basement theater and watched some general conference talks and talked about what we’d learned and questions we had. 

For our treat, Addie and I made butter beer. Our cream soda wasn’t chilled, so it was good, but not amazingly good. We’re gonna try some different recipes and see which one we like best. 

Cutest butter beer mustache. 

Then we watched Stuart Little which was cute and silly. 

No comments: