Saturday, June 20, 2020

Day #97

My muscles have been more sore and tight lately so i spent some time this morning stretching before toning. Whole I was  tutoring Ruby, my dad came over and he and Addie picked up some donuts for a Friday pick me up. Lexi and Emmett postpones their trip, so that’s been a bummer. After enjoying some donuts, my dad took the girls home where they went swimming while I swung by both of our schools to pick up the girls Oh the Places you’ll Go books the teachers signed, and then I headed over. 

They played for 4 hours, mostly happily. Addie and Abby worked with silicone and who knows what else, but they were as happy as 2 nerdy little clams. 

D and I came home with just enough time for her to shower and hop onto her Willy Wonka book club Zoom. The girls stayed to play at the Aina’s. Just after 4 it started raining super hard and we had a cool thunderstorm. Our neighborhood got hammered and the lightning was super close. I love my lightning tracker app, it’s so fun. 

My dad brought the girls home in the rain, and after showers and dinner we watched the new Artemis Fowl movie. Delaney and Matt played a rousing game of chess. It was cute to hear Laney’s little 8-yo voice checkmate’ing and talking about rooks and other nerd stuff. 

And in another attempt to clean out the pictures in my phone, more of some memes I have saved. ๐Ÿ’•

I have been feeling this profoundly. I am listening and learning and trying to find my place. 

So grateful for this eternal truth. It saves me everyday. 

Truth. ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป Thankfully we’re real good at smoothing over the prickly parts and accentuating they smooth ones. 

And I helped throw that party. 2020, I shake my fist at you. 

I saved this one early on, I just thought it was so funny, I even shared it on fb. ๐Ÿ˜‚



No comments: