Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Day #77 and #78

My dad shared these pictures of these sillies from Saturday. 

And this awesome cartwheel. Just look at that form. 😂

Delaney got invited to a zoom birthday party fashion show. Kai’s mom dropped off a goodie bag with makeup, a face mask, a blindfold, a ding dong cupcake (for singing happy birthday), and a ring pop. The girls were to choose 2 outfits to walk the catwalk. This is what Delaney and I put together, and then she had to pose for me. 

She’s hilarious. I just can’t get enough. 

Where does she come up with this stuff? 😂

They put blindfolds on and did makeup on a parent, and since I had ward council, Matt got to participate. I’m not exactly sure why, because when I left, it was going to be Frankie. D had so much fun and it was such a creative party idea. 

After dinner we headed out for a walk, but first, some group jump roping. 

We found a new fairy garden on our walk, so the girls posed. 

And since we wrapped up another month, a running report. In the month of May, i ran 126.3 miles and cycled 54.7. Not too bad. 

This morning I got up early and had the best run. It was 55 degrees when i left, which felt amazing, and i did 10.6 miles. I was a little nervous before I went. I’ve only ever run that far a few times, and I want to make sure I’m doing things right. My first time was my first half marathon with Amy. She was newly pregnant with Quinn and I was newly pregnant with Delaney. It was a joke. I hadn’t trained, on account of the pregnancy, and i was so sore. My knee hurt so bad, I could barely walk. I seriously contemplated having someone come pick us up. 😂 But today I felt strong and good and right. Also, I ran on Macintosh and turned on Macintosh Ct, and off of that road was Apple Turnover Ln, Applesauce Ln, and Cider Ln. How cute is that?!

Today has been a good day for me over the years, as I found on my Facebook memories. A fun group of friends went to see Sarah’s musical 3 years ago today. 

4 years ago, bubba graduated. 

We celebrated him up. 

5 years ago the baby bug spent her first night in her big girl bed. 

And 8 years ago Jackie, Autumn, and I took Lexi and Robin on Lexi’s 16th birthday road trip, with a tag along baby bug. 

Such fun memories! 

The girls had their last piano sesh of the season and they are not sad. They love Johnna, but don’t love piano. We’ll still practice over the summer, but not 30 minutes a day. Maybe 15-20. After piano we ate a quick dinner and then headed to the pool where they begged to go, but then lasted about 30 minutes. To put it in perspective, I was wearing a sweater. 

Bubba brought home donuts from work and the girls were in hog heaven. 

And tonight we watched HP and the Half Blood Prince. 

In less fun things. George Floyd was horrifically murdered by a police officer and it has been a tipping point. There are protests and riots all over the country, and Dan’s National Guard group has been activated for the week. We are praying for his safety, and everyone’s safety. Matt has also been asked to come in this weekend and we are praying he’ll just be working on airplanes. 

The United States has lost 100,000 people to COVID-19. These are difficult and painful times. 

Other things I want to remember:

Since the beginning of this, people have been putting fun things in their windows for others to spot while walking. First it was shamrocks, then hearts, teddy bears, Easter eggs, and rainbows. It’s so fun to see them even still. It’s a little show of unity as we’re all separate. 

People are making the most fun videos. We’ve especially loved a family that did the Quarantine Boogie, the Holderness family on being married in quarantine, and most recently, a Dirty Dancing remake with a lamp, and the cast of Cheaper by the Dozen showing up with their old selves. It’s so fun and clever. 



No comments: