Thursday, May 30, 2013

throwback thursday

my dad's been working on a project to put every picture he's ever taken up on fb. it's been fun to see all the pictures - most of them i've seen, but there have been a few new ones.
 
this is me and my dad, circa 1978. i saw this and i thought "laney!" the cheeks pushing up on the eyes to make them look slanty, looks like a laney-bug!
mom, dad, joby, and amy. flash forward 25 years and little Christian would sport a bowl cut quite similar to uncle joe's
it get's cold in Tacoma.
another one that looks like laney-d to me. must run in the family. :)
the "big kids," chillin' on mom and dads bed. we took this same picture about 10 years ago. it was a beaut!
did you ever wonder where christian gets his mad baseball skills? wonder no more. 50 years before christian was playing, papa was tearing it up.
love the glove, love the pants (roll 'em up!), love the background, love the expression.
love it!
see the resemblance???
mama and delaney, 33 years apart.
I thought this picture was funny because lexi has pretty much the same skort that i'm wearing. she wishes her hair was as awesome as mine, but she's just not that lucky. i'm hanging out with grandpa and grandma (frances) seagrove, and the little kids.
and then some more recent flashbacks. too bad this wasn't from the bowl cut days, but I love that he's riding the peanut! bestie autumn had bought the peanut (the ride-on toy he's on) for another kids birthday party, but when we went to her house, Christian wouldn't get off of it - and it was still in the box. autumn surprised him the next day with his very own peanut. what a random ride-on toy, right?
visiting Seattle with my girls, back when I only had two of them. they are so cute
and i was so skinny.
i put these pictures together from our camping trip out to ocean shores, wa in july of 2008. yup, we are awesome parents and took addie camping to the freezing, rainy beach before she was 2 months old!
haha.
 eating pictures are pretty much never good.
and last but not least, my grandma and grandpa clayton.
grandma was a very talented ballet dancer, she danced her whole life and met my grandpa when she was dancing with the uso.
and then papa clayton. he was a vaudeville magician. he died in 1985 when i was only 7. I have very vague memories of him, visiting my grandparents in whittier, california, swimming in their pool, and grandpa making skinny pancakes. he had a difficult childhood and worked hard his whole life to be a successful magician and then bowling alley owner.
 
I've seen this picture before, but when dad posted it just recently I immediately noticed his dimple chin! I know that chin, i cuddle with a similar one every day and night! my Delaney! i have wondered where that dimple chin came from, i don't know anyone else in either of our families that have one. now I know!

No comments: