Thursday, May 30, 2013

i was running...

*that's said in my forrest gump voice

the race photographer posted about 20 pics to our neighborhood fb site. this bad boy was one of those pictures. this was just crossing the finish line. i was laughing because my little friend had just left me in the dust and dee had shouted over her megaphone "yeah, go michelle!"
then matt and i were looking at the rest of the pics on fb, and we almost died laughing at this one! there's matt, huffing and puffing and looking like he's about to fall over behind the lady runner. he posted that on fb under the caption "the guy in the tan shirt wished he would have trained harder."
matt also wrote this original piece of poetry for fb:

MY WIFE LEFT ME or I AINT FAST ENOUGH (original poem)

The 'I Do's' and the ring, the whole wedding thing,
meant nothing at the 5K race.
I ran till my heart hurt, sweating, sore feet.
You're a very hard woman to chase.

(Great running Michelle! Beat me by almost 2 minutes.)


he's been very sweet about it. :)

there i am back there! big blob of pink in the middle. whoot-whoot!
so, after the few pics were posted on fb, a few days later there was about 500 posted to snapfish. I found this series that document my finish. there I am back there in the pink, running with my two little friends. it looks like the kid in blue had just passed and my little red headed buddy and I were running together.

aaaaand then he turned on the speed. little red and I are both laughing. probably both at my expense that I would have thought I could have a chance at staying up with him. :)

those skinny guys were fast!

too funny. :)
 they posted results with pictures and I placed 9th out of the 70'ish women. not too bad! I placed 46th overall. matt placed 56th overall and 42nd for men. my next goal is a 10k in dc, hopefully sometime this fall. can't wait!
 
 

No comments: